Helmet Fan placement....

thksdad

Active Hunter
hey, i am working on my Boba Fett ROTJ costume, and i am wanting to put at least 1 CPU fan in my helmet. well, as most of you know, boba's helmet isn't that big. so...i was wondering if anyone has placed a CPU fan on there T-Visor...the wind blowing up. i have held it in place and put my helmet on, and off. this also cuts down on the helmet visor fogging up. but, the thing is....can you see a dark like where the fan is glued? the visor is pretty blacked out, so, you won't see much, but, i just thought you might see it. but, anyway, has anyone tried this, and if so, how did it work out?
Michael

I put a piece of black paper over where the fan went on the visor only I didnt use a fan I used this.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-888-602&depa=0

Its incredibly thin and doesnt interfere at all with my nose. All I did was velcro it on the sides where it touched the sides of the visor, and pointed the fan to the inside of the visor it never fogs.

I got two micro fans for each side of the tempil.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-129-023&depa=0

I know there kinda high but there only 20mm deep that is really tiny like 1/2 and inch. There velcroed in place to, there linked to battery pack with a switch attached to the front of it bougght from radioshack. I dont know how its wired, someone else did that part.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F011%5F002%5F001%5F000&product%5Fid=270%2D411

hey guys...well...i did it. i glued in the fan. you really can't see it from the out side. the good sides of it is i get a ton of air on just 1 battery, rather than 2. all the air is being sucked in from under the helmet. most people who have the fans place them where they don't get a lot of air. but, i think it looks, good. you guys should try it...that is...if you can fit it in the space.
Michael

hey guys...well...i did it. i glued in the fan. you really can't see it from the out side. the good sides of it is i get a ton of air on just 1 battery, rather than 2. all the air is being sucked in from under the helmet. most people who have the fans place them where they don't get a lot of air. but, i think it looks, good. you guys should try it...that is...if you can fit it in the space.
Michael

Does that mean that placing a comp fan over the keyhole slots in the back is a bad idea cause I won't get alot of air? My fan is like 3x3in' so it won't really fit anywhere near my face unless I let it press on my mouth. Yeah, I could have a talking thru a fan voice-thing going on, lol.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back