Fett_Seven Jetpack Progress

jonmcclay

Active Hunter
Hello viewers,

I recently bought one of Fett Seven's Jetpacks that he painted. It's a ROTJ jetpack and I absolutely love the pack. It's always surprising how long it takes to complete a fett project but I am slowly ticking away.

Things that I want to accomplish:
• Aluminum Beacon/Stabilizer with light
• Replace screws with magnets for fast access to light switch
jetpack hooks (please help me with this)

I bought the beacon and stabilizer from ECO. You would be shocked how quickly items can arrive from Europe the the US!
The magnets I bought from my local Ace Hardware and I used a dremel to widen the holes in the backplate. CAUTION: be very careful sanding magnets. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BREATHE HEAVY METAL. Listening is ok but do not breathe it.

IMG_1068.JPGIMG_1069.JPGIMG_1070.JPG
IMG_1071.JPGIMG_1072.JPGIMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1092.JPG

Fett Seven supplied me with plastic components. I just reviewed source photos of Boba Fett and then drilled the holes I needed for the aluminum bits.

The light requires a bit more modification. I found this video on youtube from a user here. He used "Mini-Max Safety LED" Flashlights. I found a five pack on eBay. To get this to work you will need to break the housing apart (very easy and you have 4 more to work with if you mess up!). The tricky part for me was cutting off the LED and leaving enough room to solder wires to the existing wire. I'm terrible with soldering onto boards...but if you are good then you will finish this FAR FASTER then me.

Once you cut the LED off Solder enough wire so that you can connect the body of the flashlight (including the switch) onto the jetpack. I cut those wires in half since the LED wouldn't slide through the Beacon. After sliding everything through (and INSIDE THE JETPACK mind you) I soldered the wires together. Bolt everything together and you are good to go.

Then just modify the back panel for magnets. The metal piece that Fett Seven attached to the jetpack to catch the screws is magnetic so I didn't actually add magnets there. I recommend using a Dremel for sanding the magnets. Your metal dust should either stick to the dremel or the magnet.

Thank you for reading and thanks to everyone for your pieces. Now to try and get a hold of BooBooFett for a set of his AMAZING hooks...

Fett_Seven is a champion among men! You have selected among the BEST!

Do you already have your hooks? This is a surprisingly important obstacle to overcome...

Fett_Seven is a champion among men! You have selected among the BEST!

Do you already have your hooks? This is a surprisingly important obstacle to overcome...

Yes, it was one of the rare moments I was lucky enough to get them because the guy was nice enough to take them off his pack and sell them separately.

Beautiful pack, looks amazing! And nice job on the magnets, that is a good solution to that problem. I can't wait to get my hands on a jetpack kit myself, just to paint it. The ROTJ paintjob looks like it would be a blast to paint.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back