Starting a build.... where should I start?

I'm starting to put together some funds to start my Fett build, and I wanted to know what order you guys would recommend? I'm thinking Helmet, then armor, and then flightsuit/vest to start. I want to get the basics out of the way before moving on to small bits, details, and weaponry. But then again, there are odd items that can be difficult to track down and might need to be procured before the rest. So, to make a long story short, if you could do it again... what order would you do it in?

Hey man! Glad to see some more Florida Fetts.

Your main three options for helmets are: FettPride, ASOK or Bobamaker. I went with ASOK for the quick order and cold cast. Both FP and BM make incredible buckets but you'll wait longer than you will for an ASOK.

For armor you have IOA (RKD), Bobamaker or FettPride. Or you could do it on your own using templates. If you have a bigger chest I recommend RKD's over BM. I went with BM because I'm a slimmer guy and his is more accurate to the original size. It's okay if you aren't small like JB because RKD has got you covered!

Flight suits are made by numerous users such as Arkady, crazy4bobafett, ladysewforus and manofwarstudios. I went with Arkady because of the low price for a tailored suit. Carole will hook you up. If you want equipment installed already for your hoses then talk to C4BF.

Don't stop asking questions. Also, helmets, armor and soft parts are usually the pieces that are available anytime while sidearms (ESB version), metal upgrades, and boots are done in runs usually. Do some research on found parts because you could get a killer deal on found items from sellers (usually on craigslist) that don't know what they have.

I'm located a little north of Orlando so if you have any questions for a local just shoot me a PM and we can talk more in depth about the whole process. Oh and don't forget to have fun with it! :)

Thanks for the info Wes! I really appreciate all of the help. It's a huge undertaking, but I am really looking forward to tackling it. I have a set of armor and gauntlets (all metal!) coming from my buddy from horror costuming (Wickedbeard), so I lucked out there. My bucket is coming from Asok, and I am going to paint that one.

I was thinking of going for Manofwarstudios for my suit and vest. I'm so pumped to start, and I sold off a bunch of figures and custom painted items I did so I am looking forward to dumping a lot of money initially and just doing little bit by little bit for a while after. lol

I was going to get a set of wickedbeard armor, but no one here had it that I could find so I went with BM. You won't be disappointed with the Asok lid, I have one and its awesome (and its not even painted yet). The only thing about the MOW flight suit is that its a 2 piece, not a screen accurate 1 piece suit. If your not going for screen accuracy, the MOW suit is probably more comfortable. I have thought about getting one for that reason, but since you will have to dye it, I figured an arkady or ls4u suit would work.

I'll have to look into the other suits... do I just PM those people or is there a site or a link to a thread that would give info on it? I definitely want to keep my options open. And WickedBeard and I have known each other a while, so I have great faith in him. At least once I get that stuff completed, this site will get a bit more information and pics for people to look at if they get interested.

And intwenothor, I agree. I'm approaching it like I'm making a figure, just on a larger scale. Accuracy was always key, if I could help it. And using as much reference material as I could always helped. I love doing detail work, so the paint will probably keep me occupied for quite a while. :lol:

Yeah if you have any questions about anything whether it be someone's part list or something they've posted, please PM them. Everyone here is more than willing to help you out so make sure you do your research before buying ANYTHING! :)

Fantastic response Wes7! I'm a newcomer as well and that was extremely helpful. I know you said to PM these people, but is there a place I can find their prices, examples of their work, etc... without scouring the forums for hours?

Bobamaker and fettpride both have websites but you will need to email or PM them for a price list.

Fantastic response Wes7! I'm a newcomer as well and that was extremely helpful. I know you said to PM these people, but is there a place I can find their prices, examples of their work, etc... without scouring the forums for hours?

Thank you! As Jc said, you'll have to PM most users. However, Bobamaker has most of his prices listed on his website:

http://www.bobamaker.co.uk/

Also, try to get used to scouring the boards. I know it sounds like work but it could possibly save you heaps of time and money knowing what you should and should not do :)

Thanks a million Wes. I've saved his site, and have been spending hours combing through this site. I've saved a ton of reference photos, saved painting stencils for the helmet, and have compared pricing on items I want to buy. I ordered a Girth Belt and the MOW boots, so those will break my cherry officially. :lol:

I'm already itching to get my helmet from Asok so I can paint that bad boy.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back