Painted my MoW Boots...

Lostsaint

Hunter
Wrapped up my paintjob on my 2012 MoW boots and figured I should show them off. This was my first time painting any form of clothing, but the material was not that much different than a 3D canvas.

Mojo spikes painted and formed to fit the 2012 MoW boot. I felt like the spikes turned out good enough considering the shape difference.

IMG_1082.JPG

Nice job, my own turned out pretty much the same as your's apart from the toe spike set up, did that myself using aluminum flat bar and some pointed wood dowels,
the front toe part i didn't bend so i filled each side with epoxy putty, giving it a more square look up front.
nice paint job (y)

I kinda feel like I was borderline too far on the grim and dirt. I used some watered down charcoal/brown as a dirt wash to build up in the cracks and edges.

This was probably the most fun I have had so far.

Thank you for he kind words.

This forum has sucked me into this hobby that I never expected to get into and I am getting addicted. :)

^^I know exactly what you mean

Looks awesome. My MOW boots arrived today..... I had the idea of watering powdered charcoal for all the dirtying work on the suit thanks confirming my plans.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back