Bo Katan Greetings from Sweden!

Im wondering onething though can i wheathering my clothes with acrylics? same goes for the wheathering with the helmet and armor?

Was actually in Malmö durinh this fair. But stockholm is the city for me :)
Must say though, having been in malmö, stockholm and gothenburg sci-fi fairs, malmö wins by far when it comes to over-all cosplay. Was really sweet to see a deadpool and mad hatter etc. :)

If you want acrylic to stay on fabric, damp the fabric in water, then spray the area that you would like to have weather with with a spray bottle.

The bottle should be mixed with water and acrylic.

By having a damp fabric, it opens the weaves and allows the acrylic do soak in.

That's a bummer, I kind of ran I to the same issue with a lid I bought a while ago. Don't be too concerned, your lid will sell quick.

I have decided to keep my helmet as it will fit better with some padding :), i will modify it a Little with an aluminium rangefinder and with the details

Hi, i have Little issues of my bodysuit, i want to make it charcoal gray with grey shades, i bought color for clothing yesterday and painted the bodysuit but when it dried it crack in the color :(, i didnt use the hot iron so i could wash it away. Now i wonder if i should buy an airbrush can anyone recommend one, i have seen many pics on bo katans bodysuits wich have been dyed with an airbrush and i also wonder how they do it, can i adjust the ammount of color that comes out of the airbrush?

Yeah, you can adjust the amount of colour that comes out of the airbrush if it is a "dual action" airbrush. But buying a setup like that can be quite expensive. For small jobs like this you might be better off with a cheap single action brush that runs off compressed air in cans instead of using a compressor. You have less control, but it should still be enough and for a lot less money.

I found a textile spray both for furniture and clothing and it is in charcoal :D uphcharcoal2.jpg
Think i could try it

hm i read a little more about this textile spray and it says that it is only made to make light textiles to darker. So i wont buy this, i have btw looked more into the airbrush and i have decided to buy one instead im going to buy an iwata airbrush. My first priority now is to modify my helmet with some other colors that should fit with my armor and im going to change the sigil a Little to make it more accurate, im going to attatch the rangefinder also and buy an aluminium stalk. Later im going to install a device so it can move up and down with a push on a button in the gauntlet later today im also going to Place an order on the boots and t-shirt vest and some other things for the gauntlets:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have placed an order on the boots and t-shirt vest and gloves and also a cruzer helmet that comes with my jetpack later :)

You are on a tear with getting parts, it won't be long before you will have a finished costume.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back