Visors-What do you use?

Wolfsburg

Hunter
I was just wondering if I could get some input on what you guys prefer to use in regards to your visors for your helmets.

So far I see 2 primary choices: buy a welding face shield and cut out an appropriately shaped visor or order a visor from T-visor.com. If I order from the latter, which of their offerings would be best for a GMH? Anyone have any additional ideas or options?

Obviously I'd want to get one of the appropriate thickness and shade of what was used originally.

I have both, a weld shield that came with my Asok lid and I bought one from t-visor.com. The t-visor is more smoke grey and a bit lighter (easier to see through) than the weld shield. That's about as much as I know so hope this helps.

Thanks for the input gentlemen! Looks like the welding visor is the way I'll go. Are all shade 5 visors green? I'd prefer something that was grey if I could help it.

Guess I should've noted that I'm doing a PP2. I was thinking only the ESB helmet visor was green? I thought all the others were grey?

I'm not 100% sure that the ESB Hero visor was green, but we know that the other helmets had grey or brown tinted visor and the Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1 helmet had a thin, almost transparent T-visor.

This is where I sit on the colours (for ESB and ROTJ at least..) : For ESB, I go for a green, shade 3 visor. This very much appears to be the correct colour and shade of the helmet visor at the AOSW exhibit. Now, there seems some debate to wether this visor was put in as a possible replacement due to damage etc, or if it was the screen used colour. Some believe it looks more smoke black in the movie stills. While people may indeed be correct in this line of thinking, for me, this is also alot of guesswork. Picture quality etc is inconclusive to me, and particularly as we all know how light can play a huge role in determinining surrounding colours - and considerably with the quality of the movie stills produced back in the day. What I can say for sure though, is that the visor in the AOSW shots certainly appears to be shade 3 green. So until I get some concrete evidence of otherwise, I'm happy to stick to that colour, as at this point, we dont actually know if it was changed or damaged...

The ROTJ lid, seems to be to me, and generally, widely thought of as smoke black. I can't remember off hand if it was a shade 3 or 5 I went for - I do remember it was harder to come by a smoke black visor than I thought. In my ROTJ lid, it seems to act closely to the real colour, so very happy with it. I much prefer the welding visors, as they do have the different shades, and you can suit them to the particular helmet you have, as they can range quite a bit size wise. Hopefully all of that makes sense, so good luck my friend! Peace :)

Hi wolf, there is two choices that you can take: 1) from Asok is a good choice and 2) T-visor.com. the differences betwen both are that en sizes an cuts:

the thick

Asok 2 mm (milimeters)

T-visor 4 mm (milimeters)

I use in my two helmets (rubies and ASOK the T-visor.com: deluxe and standar visors)

check here my first publish in T-visor:

T-Visor.com - Bucket Gallery

I have 1 Asok visor in my stock to be use in a new helmet

some details here in my url:

TUTORIAL CASCO A1 HELMET PEDRO NIEVES Photos by snowaure | Photobucket

PEDRO NIEVES HELMETS Photos by snowaure | Photobucket

snowaure's Library | Photobucket

Thanks guys! Definitely given me something to think about.

Rafal, that's pretty much what I was thinking, though I didn't realize the Supertrooper/PP1 had such thin visors!
Jayvee, you wouldn't happen to remember what you used for your ROTJ helmet, do you?
Snowaure, your helmets look fantastic! Thanks for the references!

You may want to ask Gino if you're very movie specific. The thick visors are hard to come by in the correct color. I use a dark green welding shield b/c it's quite close and perfect for my purposes.

Does anyone know what kind of visors would be perfect for a target Helmet, I'd prefer not to get a T-visor from t visor as postage and conversion kills it for me.

Does anyone know what kind of visors would be perfect for a target Helmet, I'd prefer not to get a T-visor from t visor as postage and conversion kills it for me.

Your cheapest option is a welding #5 visor from NAPA for $6 or your local welding supply place for $6-$8.

There is zero need to buy anyone's expensive pre cut visor when you can do it easy yourself.

My install in my Target helmet.

I used Chicago screws with the screw part epoxied to the helmet, modified picture hangers, and nuts to hold everything together. I got to find some 8/32 thumb nuts to fit the screws instead of the nuts as it will make visor removal much easier.

No glue, no fuss no muss easy visor removal.
QL3n71o.jpg

pUFDUoP.jpg

OjVBVBX.jpg

5kwXC26.jpg

Lynn

Your cheapest option is a welding #5 visor from NAPA for $6 or your local welding supply place for $6-$8.

There is zero need to buy anyone's expensive pre cut visor when you can do it easy yourself.

My install in my Target helmet.

I used Chicago screws with the screw part epoxied to the helmet, modified picture hangers, and nuts to hold everything together. I got to find some 8/32 thumb nuts to fit the screws instead of the nuts as it will make visor removal much easier.

No glue, no fuss no muss easy visor removal.
QL3n71o.jpg

pUFDUoP.jpg

OjVBVBX.jpg

5kwXC26.jpg

Lynn

Thank you so much, I'll have to get one.
Can I cut them with normal scissors?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back