The Rafal Works Armor (RWA) Templates.

Here are some images with the basic construction of the knee block with the pieces provided by the templates:
Basic Construction.jpg

As you can see in this image (sorry for the poor drawing) the back cover is above the back support's top edge with about 2mm, and the same goes for the front cover too; this setup will allow the top cover to fit between the front and back covers.

These images shows the front and back support pieces and the 3 inner support parts (from the left knee, as the other images are from the right knee), which are scratch build according to the space between the support pieces (I had a rectangular piece with a 20mm height and a 12mm width):
Photo0821.jpg Photo0822.jpg Photo0823.jpg Photo0824.jpg

The back cover is already glued to the back cover and the base part:
Photo0804.jpg Photo0806.jpg

Then we glue the front cover too to the front support piece and the base part:
Photo0813.jpg Photo0814.jpg Photo0816.jpg

And here is the finished dart block:
Photo0817.jpg Photo0818.jpg Photo0819.jpg

I promised to Will (RKD or redkraytdragon) that I will show him the finished knee... So here it is, Will:
Photo0807.jpg Photo0808.jpg Photo0809.jpg Photo0810.jpg Photo0811.jpg Photo0812.jpg

Because this was made between modifications, the construction is not the correct one, but you'll get the idea.

Have fun!

Very nice work Rafal and thanks for sharing! It looks pretty much how I imagined it would. That's a great approach with the back and front covers being taller than the dart housing support edges, great idea.

Very nice work Rafal and thanks for sharing! It looks pretty much how I imagined it would. That's a great approach with the back and front covers being taller than the dart housing support edges, great idea.

Thanks, Will! I had hard times to figure out the best way to construct the dart housing, especially that this part does not have sharp edges, so an easy method was out of my plans, but I'm happy with the end result. My only concern now is the possibility to carve out the inner parts of the housing and adding the holes for the darts. I think I will leave this task (at the moment) to the builders...

Amazing work Rafael!!!!!!!!!!!! is great to see people that likes to build and not always buy parts..................build is a experience without compare.............

Amazing work Rafael!!!!!!!!!!!! is great to see people that likes to build and not always buy parts..................build is a experience without compare.............

Thanks, Pedro! You are right! It doesn't compare a piece built by you with one that you bought; it comes with that feeling that you created something great.

hello all, and specialy my hero RAFAL! hehehe

im new in this forum, and now im working with my boba fett full costume.

https://instagram.com/ikrartulusf/

(my updates on instagram)

*sorry, i dont know how to attach files in this forum.

well, for now im going to make the ESB gaunlets for my next project after the helmet finished. can anyone give me some advices to build the gaunlets with a hardboard (well, Sintra is so difficult to get in Indonesia :( )

im so thankful if someone give me the template via my email : ikrartulusf@gmail.com

:)

thanks all, thanks TDH :)
greetings from Indonesia.

I'm curious what prompted the size reduction. New data? More accurate measurements?

--Jonah

No official info, just some good old fashioned measurements, then re-measurements and so on (I used the Heilman images for the sizing). Still not 100% sure on the final values...

Well, all I know is that Jeremy was 6'1" at the time he filmed ESB, and Alan Harris was only a little taller. And as that's my height, too (and average build), anything accurately studio-scaled should fit me as it fit them, more or less... I'll print out your templates and see how it looks. :)

--Jonah

Blind guy question: is the file referred to as the "back belt" the same as what's usually called the kidney plate? Wanted to confirm before I download it and send it to the person who'll be cutting out my kidney plate...

Well, all I know is that Jeremy was 6'1" at the time he filmed ESB, and Alan Harris was only a little taller. And as that's my height, too (and average build), anything accurately studio-scaled should fit me as it fit them, more or less... I'll print out your templates and see how it looks. :)

--Jonah

I'm also curious to see if the templates will fit your frame.

Blind guy question: is the file referred to as the "back belt" the same as what's usually called the kidney plate? Wanted to confirm before I download it and send it to the person who'll be cutting out my kidney plate...

I think it is correct, but some also call it butt plate, although it sits above that area:

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-08a.jpg

Because real life keeps interfering, I finally got the test-fit done. I'd have to have fiddled with placement more than I felt like, and obviously the plates all need to get shifted up a little to get the spacing just so. I just stuck the belly plate a bit above my navel, and butted the collar against my neck and put the chest plates in between. Five minutes and some double-sided tape and too tired to keep adjusting. But judge for yousrself how well you think your templates fit my 6'1" frame:

DSC02425_zpsnflc26rv.jpg

...compared to how the originals fit on Alan Harris:

Boba-Fett-Costume-Test-Fitting-05.jpg

...or Jeremy Bulloch:

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-Dinner-BTS-1.png

--Jonah

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back