Blaster 3D ESB sidearm

You did a great job so far!

As for the file upload, one of the ways is to archive the OBJ file in ZIP format and then use the 'Insert Image' option above the text box.

Keep up the amazing work!

Wow! Thanks RafalFett. I hope I can make more 3D props in the future. You and everyone else on the forums have helped me so much with my Fett build, this is the least I could do to give back to the Fett community.

Quick update: I talked with one of the members of the facility I'm going to print my blaster. He's not so sure he they will be able to print multiple blasters... However there are sites online that print objects from 3D files you give them and ship it to you! I'll have more information (as well as a correctly sized blaster file) later this week.

This is awesome, thanks for sharing. Im going to have a go at printing this tonight

If your interested we have started a group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/opensourceprops/ the open source costume and prop alliance. Not limited to SW, its premise is similar to open source software where collaboration and sharing of models is encouraged.

Also, im 50% of the way through modeling an EE-3 I was just stuck on the proper dimensions as there seems to be a few references. I will post something up shortly.

I sliced up your hi poly model and its on the print bed now... I have a feeling looking at it thats its a tad on the big side so may need to print it again. I can only print in ABS plastic at 0.4mm vertical density, and its probably a 10+ hour print run.

I can post pictures when its done but dont want to de-rail your thread. let me know if thats ok.

Also since you went to all the trouble of making this model, which is actually pretty good btw (most stuff I get from is far from solid) if you do have problems getting it printed Im happy to work something out if you just want to pay for consumables and postage

No it's OK. I made this thread to give back to fellow Fett heads! Sometimes it takes more than 1 to make things happen. Hope your print goes well.

Blaster update: I'm consulting with a buddy of mine tomorrow to further optimize the sidearm size and format for printing tomorrow. Hopefully I will update the obj file then!

Turned out pretty well, though I think its a bit big, so I will probably use it for my custom mando as a side arm.

P1210239.jpg

P1210240.jpg

wow April! That's awesome! I'm so glad it came out well (it looks fantastic). I'm having trouble obtaining any clue as to proper dimensions for this sidearm... all I need is one accurate measurement of something (tip of the blaster to the back end, length of the barrel,...) and the rest should scale accordingly.

Any information would help a ton as I would really like to print this thing when I go to the facilities tomorrow.

I have a real Nemrod holster so I'll take a measurement from about where the back sits to how far the tip sticks out based on reference. I'll post my results so you'll have a good idea how to size it.

April, in an earlier post you mentioned the Facebook group that uses open source 3D software. Are you familiar with Blender? I had a version of it a few years ago but gave up trying to learn it. If you have any pointers, that would be awesome.
JC

Personally I use Sketchup Pro, with an addon that helps with solids. I find it much easier to model in, but organic shapes like this blaster are really hard to do in it, it tends to be better with more hard corners etc.

Never used blender, I have it, but havent tried. I started using sketchup only about 3 months ago so its easy to learn

That turned out great. Lots of guys here have 1:1 copies of this thing. Maybe somebody could offer up some measurements? It would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Wes7! I appreciate the assist. The sooner I can get accurate (or relative) measurements the better. Today me and a buddy are getting together to optimize the 3D file. If I could get measurements today that'd be awesome!

Here are some measurements based on my own scaling factors (I just hope that someone will confirm if these are the correct values or not):

ESB Sidearm Measurements.jpg

(image taken by Art Andrews of his own Technisub Pulce 40)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back