Blaster 3D ESB sidearm

I say wait until someone will confirm if these are the correct values or not... So, who will be the first to provide (or confirm) the much needed measurements?

The long measurement on mine is 294mm and the Mojo Fett replica is 287mm.
Depth of tube is 48mm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I was unable to print my blaster today (work got in the way) :(... However, I may be able to get to it Thursday hopefully.

Thank you for the measurements intwenothor. is the long measurements based on the image provided by RafalFett or from the very tip to the very back of the blaster? I know it'd be nice to get measurements of a real pluce 40 spear gun (I pm'd a guy who is said to have one but never heard back...) but as long as it's a good size and fits in a nemrod holster it's ok with me.

The measurements I have given are my measurements of a pulce 40 so Raf states 310mm on his diagram and this measurement is 294mm on my actual pulce and the same for the other measurement of the tube ( the tube measurement might not be exact as I still can't find my calipers ) but the long measurement should be spot on.

Andy

Live dream etc

When I scaled it to fit my hand, I ended up with a 310mm body, actually the dimensions are almost exact to rafalfett's. As I said it kinda looked big, but if it used to be some sort of scuba gun I guess that explains it.

I actually sliced up the model into 7 parts so it could print nicely without any complex overhangs on a simple reprap like mine. I will upload it if you think that will help. Its in .STL format, which most open source slicers seem to want.

Using the measurement provided by Wes7 (393mm as the longest part of the Nemrod holster), the 294mm length and 48mm diameter (provided by intwenothor) seems the correct value, which means that the approximated measurements provided by me was bigger with 5%. I hope F4R will confirm these values.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using the measurement provided by Wes7 (393mm as the longest part of the Nemrod holster), the 294mm length and 48mm diameter (provided by intwenothor) seems the correct value, which means that the approximated measurements provided by me was bigger with 5%. I hope F4R will confirm these values.

Just to clarify the measurements were taken from a real pulce 40 that I was holding in my hands when I took the measurements.

03272013_ESB_Blaster_Rivets_Archaster777.jpeg

Added rivets along the cap of the blaster. I noticed that a lot of replicas had them that I didn't notice before. Is this accurate or was it smooth (I have both files so I can smooth it back if need be)?

03272013_ESB_Blaster_RivetsMeasurements_Archaster777.jpg

Also, here is a chart of measurements I'm trying to gather. I figure the best way is to average any and all sizes of actual pluce 40's that people have so Here are the sections I would need measured.

1.) Overall Longest measurement of the body as a whole.
2.) Length of the main cylinder.
3.) Circumference of the main cylinder.
4.) Length of the butt of the handle.

So far here are measurements so far:

1.) 393mm (Wes7)
2.) 310mm (RafalFett), 294 (actual pluce by Intwenothor)
3.) 50mm (RafalFett),
4.)N/A

I PM'd BuckarooTrooper who also has an actual pluce 40 as well. Hopefully I'll hear back some time this weekend from him.

Thanks for the tip Intwenothor. I'll focus more so on measurement 2. Is the rivets along the cap of the blaster more accurate or should it stay smooth like before?

So far here are measurements so far:

1.) 393mm (Wes7)
2.) 310mm (RafalFett), 294 (actual pluce by Intwenothor)
3.) 50mm (RafalFett),
4.)N/A

Number 1. is wrong! Wes7 said that he measured the Nemrod holster's (not the sidearm) longest part and the result was 393mm, but mostly because of this:

Arch, measurement number one could vary quite abit dependent on how loosely or tightly the tip is screwed on.

I used an image with both the holster and the sidearm to confirm intwenothor's measurement (294mm) to be correct. So my length of 310mm posted in that image is actually 294mm and the diameter is not 50mm, but 48mm. The handle base length gived me 70-72mm:

ESB Sidearm Measurements.jpg

Ah OK. My bad Wes7 (I misinterpreted your measurements).

By rivets, I mean I added indented groves into the cap on the front of the blaster where the laser should come out (I'm terrible at gun terminology). Is it accurate to have those? I know a lot of replicas have then but I could've sworn I've seen some smooth like how I had it when Aprilstorm printed it...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back