Anybody know the MR Helmet Lens measurements?

Jaycepticon

Active Hunter
Long story short, I have an MR helmet but am missing the bottom two pieces in Asok's pic below.

fp-budget-helmet-cold-cast-rf03.jpg-50148d1296921980

Since the MR helmet was used for his budget kit mold, would it be possible to use this as a replacement for an official MR one? Or if anybody has any other alternatives that will work with the MR helmet, please feel free to share.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
depends on the difference their size. Best thing to do would be to pm people who sell those bottom pieces (Asok, Bobamaker, I think Terminal Fettler... etc.). Just ask about the dimension and see who's bottom two piece match up with your kit the best.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your search!

Asok is unsure but Terminal Fett says he can make them in any size. Would anybody with one be able to help me out with the measurements?

Garrett (terminal fettler) does great job with the rangefinder parts too, so he's a great choice for what you need. You should get some good measurements by using the inside values of the rangefinder casing, but be sure to always use the flat (upper) side of the casing as a landmark. You will find some good info in this thread ==> Exploring the inside of the Rangefinder (possible found part alert!), especially at post #1 and #76 regarding the rangefinder form and measurements.

On the actual MR helmet, the perspex block is actually just a very thin battery case cover, and the lens is a sliding switch to open it. You wouldn't be able to replace it with anything off the shelf.

On the actual MR helmet, the perspex block is actually just a very thin battery case cover, and the lens is a sliding switch to open it. You wouldn't be able to replace it with anything off the shelf.

that sucks. Was it easy to replace the complete RF Topper then? I'm assuming I can just unscrew it from the stalk, right? I don't have it in front of me at the moment so sorry if that sounded dumb:D.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back