Jango Knee help

Mando soldier

New Hunter
I am needing some input on some Jango knees. I am a bit stocky and I have managed to snap one of the knee pads. I have a system that I am going to give a shot, but I am looking for other alternatives (even if that means just buying some new knee pads). So, this is what I have come up with. I have taken a small metal bar and flexed it to where it would fit my knee better (again the knees were WAY to small on me and if I started to kneel I could feel the pressure I was applying on it.) so I have made them a little wider, as well as just left the crack on the knee pad so it would have some flexibility as well. Here are the pics.

the dented helmet2.jpg
the dented helmet.jpg
the dented helmet1.jpg

To try and keep things symmetrical, I had to actually cut the other knee to match. So has anyone done anything like this? I am not sure what I want to do with the crack in the knee because if I seal it then it might loose the flexibility that I need. The possibility of purchasing new ones has come to mind but I didn't know if there was anyone else has had this sort of problem. Thoughts and opinions please! I have heard of rubber knees as an alternative, but to my knowledge that was only a limited time thing and they were only for Boba.

Oh and just for grins here is a pic of myself in about 80% of the armor (I had to dress myself and I was not even going to attempt to put on the backplate and jetpack lol)

the dented helmet3.jpg

You could repair the knee with some CA glue & reinforce with fiberglass to make it like new again. The knees can then be dipped in boiling water & flared out to fit your knee width better. Be sure to run under cold water after to lock the shape otherwise it will spring back when it cools. Gluing in the flat bar would be a great idea for keeping it all together & help hold the shape.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back