Jango Fett gloves

Six8ten

New Hunter
I've looked through the older threads here on Jango Fett gloves, but most of the links on sources to get similar gloves were outdated and wouldn't have worked for me anyway; while my hands aren't HUGE, there's no way I would've been able to fit into a pair of ladies gloves, even if I could have found a set available (I live in Japan, so no access to Nordstrom rack). That being the case, here's what I'm trying:

I picked up a set of plain white work gloves at a home center, and a can of Navy Blue 染めQ (a color spray that works for leather. Link goes to their English page). The photos show one glove half finished- I was able to finish up one glove and get a first coat on the 2nd glove before my small can of spray was empty- I'll pick up another can soon and finish up. The photos below only have the top half of one glove finished- the overall color is actually pretty even now, and even the blue trim took the color and matches now. I'm OK with the results so far. I may look for a different style of glove and try it again, but it's not bad for a test run. Once I finish up, I'll post a photo with the end results.
8493589379_160a021ed2.jpg

DSC00368 by 6 8"-10, on Flickr

8493590183_427c7edeeb.jpg

DSC00367 by 6 8"-10, on Flickr

Incidentally, I used the same company's spray in black to turn my orange(?!) Buffalino Sentenials into a black boot, which worked perfectly (though I will have to touch up a couple of edges and folds on the boot).

Last edited by a moderator:
Color is not too bad, and they still have a slight gloss to them which is good. I say go for it until you can find something better.

I will also mention that I have above average sized hands, and I was able to get a pair of XL women's gloves that fit very well after some breaking in. I got them from Target here in the states, and I had to take out the liner in the gloves, but I love how they fit me now.

The best way to help the ladies glove fit is to remove the liner. I have done that on two pair and they are tight but will fit.

I actually like the tight fitting style of the glove, the screen gloves were tight.

HI guys, I check out the link of Vultana, the gloves are great but are 37.5 $$ not so shipper...Vultana can you up pictures of you gloves front?............

Judging by the pics, your hands will easily fit into the gloves that they sell at Target. The Merona gloves in extra large are not that tough to find, and they will fit nice and tight just like the screen gloves do. You will want a tight fit on troops, it makes it easier to handle things like your westars.

hi Mullreel, do you have the merona blue gloves link ???in terget or other?? thanks...

Six8ten nice work with you gloves .

I use for now black gloves, I received a pair gift of blue gloves but are 2 sizes up from mine,,,,,,,,,,seems like giant jejje

I am able to just go into the stores in the fall and buy them. Year before last I bought all they had and then passed them on at cost to several others here on the board. I don't have any extras right now, and Target won't have them back in stores till probably September.

When fall rolls around again I will get as many pair as I can and try to pass them on to the forum members again. It will just be a few months......

Look on amazon for Fortelli Orsini brand also. The larger Fownes Bros gloves are hard to find now that winter is over, but should return on Fall.

Thanks to all for the info.............................Lucas takes a easy gloves to find for Jango dont?????jejejejje.

SIX8TEN............keep the fight bro..........have a costume is not the final point, the best is the experience building........

here is my url guys, check out later:

snowaure's Library | Photobucket

Part of the problem for me is I'm quite far from the nearest Target store. I'm currently living in Tokyo.

Clothing in general tends to fit slightly funny. Suits I bought for work: waistline on the pants is slightly large, but I'm on the verge of busting the seams on the thighs of the legs when I sit down. I roll up most of my sleeves because if a shirt fits through the shoulders, chances are the sleeves are not quite long enough. Most stores shoe and sock sizes stop at around 26-27cm, I wear a 28 or 29. Gloves, too, often run a bit small.

Thanks all for the updated links as well. As I mentioned in the first post, I looked at some older threads before I posted, but most of the links were expired.

Last year (fall 2012), the Target ones didn't look like previous years, so hopefully they will change their design/color back to what it was before

Great link above for the gloves - the color certainly seems to match the flak jackets that folks like DAZ make.

where would one get the forearm armor that clamps behind the gloves?

No gloves stocked yet. Of course it was still 103 degrees today,but they should start to stock Fall stuff soon. I will keep checking though.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back