Wes' ESB Fett Build

Everything looks killer dude. Paintjob on the gauntlets looks great. The rocket and the flamethrower look really nice as well. I agree that they look a little dark compared to the helmet though. Did the same guy paint them?

Everything looks killer dude. Paintjob on the gauntlets looks great. The rocket and the flamethrower look really nice as well. I agree that they look a little dark compared to the helmet though. Did the same guy paint them?

Thanks Matt means a lot coming from you.

Yeah same guy painted them. He's been doing paint jobs for Florida 501st costumes for years and Fett is no exception. I really think it's the lighting. Here are some other shots of the Gaunts.

e7etety8.jpg

nenyrydy.jpg

He said since he doesn't have any of the US medium green he used hunt club green.

Here's what his armor looks like and what mine will look like when he paints it:

4aqe6u8a.jpg

Looking great so far Wes! And I think you are right, the lighting is probably throwing it off. They look great to me, very sharp. I look forward to seeing the vest get weathered!

Thank you both. Means a lot.

Still haven't ordered the boots or belt. Funds are not good right now but I just got promoted so it should pick back up in a couple weeks. I should be getting one of Dark-Side's aluminum Jetpack beacons in the mail any day now.

And I've screwed up. I was weathering my vest by very lightly misting it with some light brown spray paint and I noticed my can was running low. So I got a little closer and then I thought it was completely out so I put the spray can about 4 inches away from the vest to see if I could get any particles and bam. A whole glob of brown paint coats onto the left sleeve of my vest.

I'm frantically washing it as hot as my washer can go. I coated it with stain off and detergent.

This sucks

It's been awhile! Funds have been tight so the only updates I have are:

1) I got a DarkSide beacon. Still waiting to install it into the Jetpack.

2) I got MOW's new boots. I did a test fit last night and I painted them this morning, that's why they're white in the test fit lol. I still have to add scuffs, touch up the grey and weather the soles.

bynyzeta.jpg

ygavy3uh.jpg

Still got a few months until my Bobamaker armor will get here. Planning on ordering a BBF belt when he starts taking orders again, a girth belt from sleepalot, and the rest of the soft parts from woodman.

:)

Thank you both!

I'm trying to figure out a way to fix my baggy ankles. I tried tucking the bottom of the FS but I'm not sure how I feel about this.

u2yveza8.jpg

Note to self: weather ankle straps. Lol

Wes I had the same issue with my ROTJ suit. I ended up at the seamstress and getting the legs and arms taken in and it was cheep too only cost $12.

Wes I had the same issue with my ROTJ suit. I ended up at the seamstress and getting the legs and arms taken in and it was cheep too only cost $12.

I'm going to wait until I get my whole set up until I decide on that conclusion. I feel like it'll come together with the armor and shin tools.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back