The Last Few Details

Edrrak Nolat

Active Hunter
So hear I sit with a free weekend. Been spending a few weeks looking thru the gallery, other wip threads, and searches. Figure I'll use allllllllll this free time to get everything finalized and so I find myself with a run of little questions so here goes from the bottom up.

How do you keep the pant legs of the flight suit under the spat? Looks like maybe sewing an under heel strip similar to a leotard may help keep the legs in the boots, hence keeping them under the spats. What do you do to keep them straight? Was also thinking maybe button snaps to fold over the legs and attach to the spats or boots?

How do you keep the knee armor straight? I have the elastic pretty tight but am worried it will drop or shift. Again thinking maybe some snaps on the inside of the knee armor and the side of the knee on the inside of the jumpsuit leg, just to keep it in place?

What material should I use for the, um, under crotch strap between cod and butt?

Looks like any strapping I put between the cod and butt piece for the sides to hold them on will be covered by the girth belt or the larger pouches coming down from the ammo belt but if you have any pointers I'd love to hear them.

Recommendations for best material to use as a filler in gauntlets to keep them from rolling back and forth?

Best glue to attach gaunt hoses to gauntlet? Mine have little wodden nubs and just wondering if it's as simple as crazy glue.

How the heck do you attach your gaunt hoses to the parachute clip?!?!? I see the metal D ring, do you just drill small holes and bend the metal D ring thru? Seems best but wanted to check first before I go crazy. (Btw, thanks for the suggestion on Ace Hardware whomever made it).

Where do you keep the battery pack for your chest lights? Looks like I may be able to get it into a belt pouch, but wondering what the common way is. Thinking inside the armor vest since with the weight of the jetpack on the back I could use all the front counter weight I can.

And the last but probably easiest one: I see no way I can get dressed up without help. Does anyone have this down to a doing it themselves?

Ok maybe I had more than a few questions. But looking forward to reading responses!

I, like others, sewed velcro to my suit and epoxied velcro to the inside of my knee armor. I think that is a must. I picked up some gray strapping for the crotch thing. It velcros in place. I's suggest velco on your pant legs, shoes and spat. I heel strap on your pant leg that gets hiddein by the boot may help too. I have seen foam rubber glued into gauntlets to prevent turning.

I answered your questions directly, in bold :)

So hear I sit with a free weekend. Been spending a few weeks looking thru the gallery, other wip threads, and searches. Figure I'll use allllllllll this free time to get everything finalized and so I find myself with a run of little questions so here goes from the bottom up.

How do you keep the pant legs of the flight suit under the spat? Looks like maybe sewing an under heel strip similar to a leotard may help keep the legs in the boots, hence keeping them under the spats. What do you do to keep them straight? Was also thinking maybe button snaps to fold over the legs and attach to the spats or boots?

I think what you suggested should work. My Fett is ESB so i dont have spats.

How do you keep the knee armor straight? I have the elastic pretty tight but am worried it will drop or shift. Again thinking maybe some snaps on the inside of the knee armor and the side of the knee on the inside of the jumpsuit leg, just to keep it in place?

White elastic on the back of the knee, weathered, and use velcro sewn to the jumpsuit to keep em in place.

What material should I use for the, um, under crotch strap between cod and butt?

Again, white elastic, weathered.

Looks like any strapping I put between the cod and butt piece for the sides to hold them on will be covered by the girth belt or the larger pouches coming down from the ammo belt but if you have any pointers I'd love to hear them.

The cod armor SHOULD attach to the Butt plate itself, but if it doesn't id use the same weathered white elastic or even dyed elastic to match the jumpsuit.

Recommendations for best material to use as a filler in gauntlets to keep them from rolling back and forth?

I've used foam padding. Mine sometimes still move a little, but they are pretty snug.

Best glue to attach gaunt hoses to gauntlet? Mine have little wodden nubs and just wondering if it's as simple as crazy glue.

I put a small screw through the hose and wooden nub.

How the heck do you attach your gaunt hoses to the parachute clip?!?!? I see the metal D ring, do you just drill small holes and bend the metal D ring thru? Seems best but wanted to check first before I go crazy. (Btw, thanks for the suggestion on Ace Hardware whomever made it).

I used a screw, again, to attach a loop of webbing to the end of the hose which the clip is attached too.

Where do you keep the battery pack for your chest lights? Looks like I may be able to get it into a belt pouch, but wondering what the common way is. Thinking inside the armor vest since with the weight of the jetpack on the back I could use all the front counter weight I can.

Mine used to be Velcro'ed into the vest, but i now have it in the belt pouch, which is actually screen accurate. you can see the wire coming from under the vest and going behind the nbelt in some close up shots.But both work

And the last but probably easiest one: I see no way I can get dressed up without help. Does anyone have this down to a doing it themselves?

Cant do it. lol. You NEED someone there to help you. If your doing events with other people, there is always someone around to help. Either a garrison mate or my wife help me suit up. I can get most of the suit on myself. Usually the Jetpack is the only thing i really cant get on myself. The vest is a pain too, but i COULD get it on if i had to myself

Ok maybe I had more than a few questions. But looking forward to reading responses!

Thanks all for the info. I should have some pics up this weekend for everyone to tear apart and help me get it right. Just remember I'm going to troopability, not display accuracy!

On the velcro'ing of knees, do you put a patch in the front, or 2 on the side? It would look like its more freedom of movement if it's on the sides.

DV, do you have a pic handy of the screw method you use on the hoses?

Oh, and if anyone knows of a larger sized ROTJ bucket that could be shaken loose, lemme know since my chin almost sticks out of the bottom of a Bobamaker bucket before any padding.

At the moment it will look ROTJ SE but would rather have straight ROTJ, then get the small bits and pieces to do the SE correctly.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back