Hello from CA

unnsunghero

New Hunter
Hello everyone!
It's great to be registered and to be a part of TDH!
Today, i'm 42 (ugh)... I wonder what Fett said when he turned 42? (or Mr. Bulloch for that matter)
I guess my birthday wish would be for resourceful year in getting started on a BF outfit. Although I asked the question and got a few answers of $10,000 for a "Top Notch" outfit... that was a little more than I was expecting... step back and readjust. I must say, I'm kind of interested in the 501st Legion Clone Trooper outfit with the blue on it as well, but I think my all time favorite should come first! "Fett Lives!"
No big plans for my cake day. I really appreciate the birthday wish from the TDH admin!
I'd say "May The Force Be With You"... but I guess that would be for the Rebel Alliance group. Thanks for reading!
WWBFS?
Todd

Watch the cargo hold for parts, you can find some good deals. Also there is a "who makes what" thread to give you an idea of who to contact. Personally I would start with the helmet, and Asok makes a great one for $175. You will need to prep and paint it ( or commission someone to paint it).
Anyway welcome to home home of all things fett and don't be afraid to ask questions, the answers are here if you ask.

Welcome! Jc27 already explained very well the first steps and now you have a starting point. Read a lot, search even more and then again read a lot. Ask and your questions will be answered.

And by the way, Happy Birthday!

Hey Unnsung, Welcome. One way to keep build cost down is trade work or trade parts. I network with other members all over So Cal. Where about in CA are you located?. Send me a PM.

Welcome to TDH, yeh it can be expensive if you go ALL OUT...but you can take your time, cut corners here and there and end up with something you can be proud of Im sure. Like stated above the cargo hold can be a gold mine for you, getting stuff at a discount because its used....just be careful and research what your buying....it may end up being something you dont want in the long run or more money then a newer better piece. Just be aware of that. Lots of how to stuff here and many years of threads you can read up on nearly anything involving the costume. Enjoy and happy hunting

Congrats on your birthday and jumping on board for a fun project. I am taking my time finding deals and learning. Part of the fun is the porcess and learning the rescources.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back