Different Armor Build - Ren Faire Armor

veritas4156

New Hunter
So here's a brief intro to me. My name's Frank, I live upstate and work in NYC. I'm a lifelong SW geek, as I'm sure we all are here, and I've always been interested in medieval / renaissance weapons / armor etc. and history in general. I've always wanted to have a suit of Mando armor and I've always wanted a suit of ren armor, so I've decided to mold the two. Not pure mando, but not really "period" renaissance. Boba is my inspiration, so I'm working on building a stainless steel, mando ish suit of bandit / mercenary armor for the ren faire in Tuxedo, NY this year. The reason I say bandit / merc armor is because when you look at Boba's armor, it almost seems like the type of lightweight and mobile (and cheap / thrown together) armor that a merc would wear, no offense intended.

I'm currently cutting 16 ga stainless plates out using the templates I found on this site. Once they're cut, bent and planished I'll be joining them together with leather straps and buckles instead of using a typical Boba or Jango vest. I'll just wear it over some simple renaissance garb, like a short sleeve tunic and "hosen" or whatever you want to call renaissance pants, throw some piratey boots on (with added Boba boot spikes) and call it a day. After I build a barbute t-visor helmet and paint it and the whole armor in the Boba paint scheme. Let me know what you guys think, I'll see if I can get a sketch done sometime this week.

Quick question, for a WIP thread on this, which subforum should I post in? Figure I might as well do a build thread.

PS, you guys have some awesome armor and ideas, and I've been a lurker almost since the inception of the site.

Welcome to TDH! You're in the right place for your Boba/mando/medieval armor and helmet. The best forum for your build thread would be the Prop Building Workshop (right under the Introductions forum). And yes, we want a sketch and more ideas regarding you suit.

Good hunting!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back