help with rotj physical damage

ICEmonkey

Hunter
hi all ive been searching for the physical damage marks on the rotj helmet , but cant find any , found the stencils for the esb damage but not the rotj ,or is it me having a derrr moment :lol:

cheers but i found them and unless im having a senior moment , the are the paint stencils/ templates and do not show the physical marks cut /scratched in the helmet

I'm not sure there are any threads or templates outlining the physical damage on ROTJ, but there are actually heaps of little nicks and gouges throughout. The way I approached it was to study the hi res galleries mainly from the magic of myth exhibit. There are deceptively more than it first appears, and particularly pay attention within the dome and on the mandibles and trim. It may be tough to recreate every single one, and will also depend on just how accurate you want to go. But if you can nail down the obvious ones, you will be on the right track. Good luck my friend! :)

Indeed....in rafals stencils there are a number of the scratches in white...and some are just not visible in the stencil....but deffinately go through the pics and Identify them....I can rattle off the top of my head rear left hand panel top left a series of them....the right and left mandibles have slashes on the left and a few gouges on the right...the top of the mandibles have a few on the right and middle...the Dent has a gouge out of it...a few to the right of it....rear behind the stalk there are a few, above the kill strips there are a few...really area ALOT of scratches on the ROTJ helmet...its my favorite.

I would suggest these images from the MoM exibit ==> Magic of Myth 2002-10-27 because the way these images were taken, they show all the physical damages and scratches (it helped me a lot when I did the ROTJ stencils), and as F4R said, some of them are on my stencils drawn with white.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back