Hello from Florida!

Xenuprime

Jr Hunter
Hello everyone,

I have lurked here awhile researching and I am ready to begin my new obsession!

I live in Tallahassee FL with my wife and 3 kids. I am not new to props, but this is my first Star Wars build. I'm still not sure if I will do ESB or ROTJ (leaning towards ESB).

I have sent out some pm,s about my first purchases (definitely going with RKD armor).

Not sure what else to say here, but it seems like a great community and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Thanks,
Chris

Welcome!

Will (RKD) is a great guy to work with. I wanted to go with his armor, but it was a bit too big for my smaller Fett frame.

Fett 4 Real: that's what I heard over at the Florida Garrison. It will be nice to have a local Fett expert!

I know it will be a long (& expensive) project, but I love the character and the research is fun.

Grew up there (my family owns a restaurant by the base).

I was wondering what are the hardest parts to find? I want to keep an eye out so that I don't miss some rare 70's flashlight lol!

theres an MPP flashtube for the ESB blaster thats pretty hard to find...lots other stuff really MQ1 Calculator...the Webley blaster

I found an mq-2 I'm going to use the keypad from and I'm going with an asok bucket with the board cast in.

I will check out the other items.

Thanks!

I've been debating airbrush or rattle can and I think I'm going airbrush (might as well do it right!).

Can anyone recommend a good airbrush setup that is not too expensive?

Boba is going to be like the school bully and take all of my lunch money isn't he?

Well to be honest...a spray can in the right hands can yeild amazing stuff...but it takes patience and practice. That being said...there are colors that are available in spray cans and you cant really mix them...so no custom colors... you can mix colors with the airbrush...which I like.. I personally can use either or and get similar results but the airbrush colors are more versitile....A single action is nice for clean up and control IMHO. SpideyFett turned me onto pasche...I got a single action with 3 different tips...you can control the amount of paint that comes out pretty well....you need to thin down some paints more then others....all depends on the paint. And like I was saying color choice and mixing is so nice. You can go darker or lighter, get a fine line....without getting yourself all messy. misting is easy...its just so much better....BUT its not super cheap. Your going to want a compressor with a tank at least 2.5 gallons, a water seperator, as you know the air in your neighborhood is filled with humidity thats not good for your brush...or tools for that matter you can use it for air gun or whatever else. Other then that...if you have a workspace you can paint with it just like that....theres airbrush boothes...like a mini paint booth to keep dust down, and heat lamps to help cure the paint but really you dont HAVE to have that stuff.

Now you have me thinking about using the cans haha! I am pretty good with a can, so it's tempting.

I thought everyone was using a double action? I am thinking about the Iwata smart jet. It doesn't have a tank, but pulsing doesn't appear to be an issue. I do most of my work at night, so I'd rather not use a full size compressor. I'll look into the brand you mentioned as well.

I'll also check out some can painted builds to see how I like them.

I dont know much about the smart jet...how loud is it? If its constantly running its noisey etc...

Single action is like using a spray can double action is going to require a finer touch. You control the amount of paint and air using the button. With the single action its just the amount of air with the button. SO, by turning the tip u set the amount of paint to come out. Its more simple to use. Much easier to control. And easier to clean up and reassemble.

It's supposed to be pretty quiet based on reviews.

Thanks for the tip on single action, that sounds like the best option for me.

This might sound like a really dumb question, but here it goes: how do I use rafalfetts templates? I understand the general idea of templates, but I haven't used them like this before. Do I print them and cut out certain areas, then tape them down and paint?

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of Sidewinder vs Stormrider blaster kits? I see Sidewinder is currently taking orders and Stormrider will be soon, but I'm not sure what the advantages are of one over the other. I guess if there is any insight into doobydoos, that would help as well.

Thanks!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back