Jet Pack My jet pack has gone Troppo!

RobaFett

Hunter
HI All, have not got any pics as yet, but my mow jp has suffered in the tropical heat, and the centre tube and both the top fuel tanks have become distorted, I thinking of cutting them out and replacing with pvc tube, and may be back it all up with fg, just thought I would ask for others opinions before I start the massacre, but I don't want to jump in, need the time and some beers, thank you for any good ideas.:cheers

having problems with loading pictures, says it over the 3meg for the pics, got to find out how to reduce the file size, thought I would use the crusty old camera but the that's not playing the game, will hopefully have it fixed soon, not the best with computers.:D

View attachment 66788View attachment 66789View attachment 66790View attachment 66791
Hi All!,
Finally got it sorted, here is the how the tropical heat has deformed it, I really don't want to chop into the pack, but the heat here can be a killer for a lot things, and it is one of the ways I think to help support it, I can try heating it and trying to reshape, but I think it will happen again! Has anyone fibre glassed a mow pack? by the way this is not supposed to anything bad about the mow jp's, it was perfect before the build up!
cheers
Rob

View attachment 66909View attachment 66910F4R I said the same thing myself, but it lasted till the build up, but I don't have air con, well on the shelf still till I finish my bedroom? but it was stored in I thought cool spot, so far this is what I have prepared so far, had to cut down the centre and glue together with PVC cement, and make a top piece and heat to the template.View attachment 66907 and to all the Aussies hope you had a great Australia day

You guess the only thing you can do is reinforce it now...should be able to heat it up and fix it....Id be carefull though...take your time with it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back