Newly acquired ROTJ Boba help

vader55th

New Hunter
My newly purchased ROTJ Boba. Any help to get it approved would be appreciated....I know it needs a few things such as decals. If it is missing something, maybe someone can point me in the right direction as to who makes or sells that specific piece....Thank you...

IMG_0122_zpsd0213599[1].jpgIMG_0125_zps20528cd4[1].jpgIMG_0127_zps351a82a0[1].jpgIMG_0130_zpsd8c8b871[1].jpgIMG_2075_zpsa77641be[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, to be honest every bit of it needs a repaint to be accurate. Its ROTJ SE basically, loooks like yuor missing shin tools....one of the knee darts is not the pointed one so thats wrong, chest armor needs to be mounted better velcro doesnt work very well for armor honestly, need more ammo pouches if you want it to be SE, or repaint the helmet to ROTJ, Flightsuit needs to be slightly lighter color grey, chest diamond looks 1 dimentional not thick like the armor...should be same thickness no cutout its an indentation in the middle of it...that one looks cutout. Need a proper neck seal, there may be more things but the pics are kinda small to see every detail of the guants and such. To be honest about aproval with decals you might get approved, I dont know how picky the approval process is...If I was the approving official, I would tell you all of these things though. From here Ill tell you the truth as far as what is not screen accurate at all...The Jetpack you have is an older less accurate in shape version I think mark bradley (correct me if Im wrong please) its something you may want to change in the future to a MOW or RS propmasters or Fettpride. The Helmet Id upgrade to a Fettpride premium or GMH depending on how large your head is/taste...the armor is kinda thin looking shoulders seem like theyre very thin they should look thicker then flat metal...Id look at FP or RKD (redkraytdragon) for the armor...both do ROTJ armor and guants...not sure what the guants look like up close but they have the apperance of being decent...blaster looks like it should be upgraded or refurbished with newer more accurate parts if it has a webley as a base....i dunno from the pics I cant tell whats going on with it. Cant see the girthbelt to well so can t tell you anything about it, but depending on the straping in the back it may be wrong as well...cant see side pouches so the colors may be off for SE. This is alot of stuff you may not even want to bother with just food for thought as far as making it better over all..

I think you can make it acceptable according to the 501st and I think thats what your aiming for off the bat...good luck with it.

thanks for your honesty...I have to admit, my knowledge and research of Boba costumes leaves alot to be desired. With some help, I can make it work.

Replied to your PM, yeh this suit and its different version can get confusing....but tdh has a ton of resources and a pretty good staff, and membership to back it up. And Rafal Fett on top of all that, who is a walking fett encyclopedia....I can remember things easily and know alot but he is rediculous to my standards....if he makes a fett it shall be top notch.

Replied to your PM, yeh this suit and its different version can get confusing....but tdh has a ton of resources and a pretty good staff, and membership to back it up. And Rafal Fett on top of all that, who is a walking fett encyclopedia....I can remember things easily and know alot but he is rediculous to my standards....if he makes a fett it shall be top notch.

Wow! Thanks for the nice description! I just read a lot and do all kinds of research (lots of image comparison 'tests', text hunting and so forth), but I'm not perfect. My goal is to decipher the story behind the Boba Fett character(s) which is a huge task and we already have great info provided for us by fellow members and non-TDH friends. And about that 'top notch' suit of mine... what a great dream!

Regarding the suit, F4R already did a honest and realistic description and he offered the necessary adjustments and corrections to achieve a better and more accurate suit. I would suggest to read and learn a lot from others great experience and minor failures. There are some WiPs (Work in Progress) going on in the Boba Fett sections which will be a great starting point. Take your time and always focus at one part of the suit, but also keep an eye on the overall look, this way you will do a decent job, especially for yourself.

Keep on hunting!

thanks. My ultimate goal is to get it approved. after that, I will tweak it here and there to make it better.

Last edited by a moderator:
The standards of the 501st are less than the standards of the members here, in most cases. Depends on who your garrisons gml is, really. I have been in the 501st for 2 Yeats now, and constantly upgrading. The only part of my Fett I am still using from my submission pics is my jetpack, ive been consyantly upgrading. The Fett you have now looks better than my originally submitted and approved boba. Good start. Watch the cargo hold like a hawk and you wont bteak the bank.

Hey folks. Some quick questions for you. Are the gloves for ROTJ Boba something I can pick up at a local store or are they something that is custome made? also, the chest light, who would be a good source for that? thanks.....

For the chest light is fettronic (here's his site ==> Fettronics)
For the gloves you might try to buy something similar, but there are members who do specific gloves (sadly I don't recall for the moment who).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back