casting from a fiberglass mold

majormalfuction

New Hunter
hi gents i have been watching from the side lines a while now but now its time to get stuck in . so i got a set of fiberglass armor molds from ebay . i got them think it was a set of armor duh me . so any way i have not cast anything before so as a compelte novis what would you say is the best to use to cast myself a set of armor thnaks for any help matt .

hi chap here you go
moulds.jpg

moulds3.jpg

moulds2.jpg

It looks custom made (not too accurate, but good) and it might be a swprops armor (he's cucblack here)? I'm not too sure of this and maybe someone else will be more precise.

That looks like armor not molds post some pics from the other side. Also casting fiberglass from a fiberglass mold isn't something I'd recommend for a beginner

hi woodman yeah that is what i thought when i saw it on ebay but its raw fiberglass on the other side . well i have no choice but to give it a go as i spent the money i had for armor on this . i have been reading up today i think i am going to use epoxy fiberglass but i am all ears if you guys have better ideas

You'll need a release agent like PVA to prevent just gluing them together. My suggestion is to look up the info on google and find a complete tutorial.

yeah i have seen a few vids today all saying about the releasing agent i just need to find all the stuff i need looks like i will be off to b&q at the weekend . thanks for your help so far

Alec Tiranti is a good supplier, they have everything you'll need plus all the advise including 'how to' booklets. They are in Newbury, Berkshire and near Warren Street in London.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back