Blaster Blaster weathering

On the hero prop where the paint 'weathering' has flaked away the black surface revealed underneath os consistent with a genuine scope.

My ROTJ EE-3 kit should be arriving tomorrow. I'm trying to get my paints ready to go and an idea of the process. I don't have much experience in painting props. My biggest question is after the primer, base coats of black, a *tiny bit of dry brushed silver and the burnt sienna acrylic....do i need to seal the paint job with anything or is the burnt sienna acrylic the last step i should do? Sorry for such an ignorant question. I tried my best with the search function, but this seemed to best the best thread i could find. Also, does anyone have a good recommendation for the silver? Thanks for any help, i cant wait to get started on this thing!

After I had finished weathering mine ,I sealed it with a few coats of hard coat which is a semi gloss lacquer

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back