CATASTROPHIC weather conditions in Australia!

hobbit057

Hunter
Hey guys and gals, just updating everyone on our situation here today....

We are expecting temps of 44c/ 110f here today, with winds of up to 80kph which are creating disastrous conditions for bushfire. Authorities are advising everyone to leave the area and labeling fire conditions catastrophic. The is a build up of fuels in the area, and the dry conditions and strong winds could make situations worse...We have fires burning roughly 100klms away, but are contained at this stage. The potential for disaster is very real, and recieving messages from the fire service to leave the area, makes it more real. So my friends, please keep your fingers crossed for us here.

I don't believe in crossing fingers but ill sure say a prayer or two for u guys :)

Had to look at my speedometer on my bike to find out how fast 80kph were . 50 mph for us US guys ;)

Thanks everyone, nice to have some prayers and thoughts for us here. Some of us are going to be in great danger today. No immediate danger at the moment but any fire in these conditions in going to be unstoppable. Any fire that starts here and we will be leaving! Will hopefully check in later and update everyone on the situation. :love

We are there with you! Keep your head up and think that you and everyone will be fine! Good thoughts always bring good things...

I appreciate all the support and kind words, all is good here... the temps peaked at 43.1 c/ 109.5 f and has only dropped 5 degrees and its nearly 10.30 at night! Cool change coming tomorrow but temps soaring back up to 40 on Friday and Saturday.... Those days are listed as catastrophic conditions again. Temps are halving tomorrow so we will get a little relief before the sauna starts up again! Thanks again people <3

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back