Custom Mandalorian First Time Mandalorian Costume Help?

ABetts94

New Hunter
Hey guys.
So in the UK there is this expo every year in October time called MCM Expo and I wanted to go as a Mandalorian but I want help on deciding how to go about the costume. What I've got so far is that it will be Mandalorian Shock Trooper armor (Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Jodo Kast) Main armor would be white, black jumpsuit, all the detail bits on the helmet and maybe some stripe on the chest piece in black too. I want a tunic type thing on it, similar to Clone Commander Thorne and Wolffe, A dark green visor and maybe a blaster and a lightsaber that he could have looted from a killed Jedi or whatever.
I had the idea to just buy a Boba Fett costume and customize and custom paint that but how easy would that be? and what do you guys think the best way to get this costume done in ten months would be?
Let me know your thoughts, all ideas will be appreciated!
Oh and I guess I need a name, how do you determine a Mandalorian name?
Thanks,
A.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

All depends on the level of accuracy that you're aiming for really Aaron.

I had the idea to just buy a Boba Fett costume and customize and custom paint that but how easy would that be?

However, if you just want a fancy dress/Rubies Fett to wander around Expo in your trainers while having a laugh, then go for it.
The average punter won't be able to tell the difference (or care for that matter).

If you're after something more credible, that is likely to get cleared with a costuming club & that looks the nut's, then it may work out to be very expensive for a half decent one. How hands on are you??

Personally I'd do a lot of research first (read the threads here until your eyes bleed & a realistic/practical idea begins to take shape).

Try here for some friendly, custom mando tip's & some great tutorials.

Merc's Website>> [URL]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php[/URL]

Holler if you need aught, but read up first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scar has the right idea. But your better going to the Mercs website and buying pieces from over there rather than buying boba parts which may become expensive some prop makers over there are a lot cheaper, unless your looking for boba fett accuracy. I'm an official member over there and I believe I can be of help.

Mandalorianmercs.com

Look for me Tal'Falco send me a pm over there and ill try to guide you best I can

Thanks for the help guys! I think I'd really be looking to get a suit done that I could wear to any other future expo's that i might want to go to.
I'll have a look on the mercs website, I whipped up a quick sketch of the kind of look I was going for, its not incredibly artistic but It will give people the idea of what I'm aiming for. Mando Clone Trooper.jpg

also, how do you come up with a Mandalorian name?

Aaron, sorry that was meant to read:

Try here for some friendly, custom mando tip's Merc's Website>> http//mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php There is a great community spirit there & as Fett mentioned above, you'll be able to source a majority of the part's locally (& avoid the customs tax).
+ I'd recommend checking out their social event's calender & popping along for a chat with the team.
They're probably best placed to advise on the naming rituals too.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back