Mandalorian Costume Help?

ABetts94

New Hunter
Hey guys.
So in the UK there is this expo every year in October time called MCM Expo and I wanted to go as a Mandalorian but I want help on deciding how to go about the costume. What I've got so far is that it will be Mandalorian Shock Trooper armor (Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Jodo Kast) Main armor would be white, black jumpsuit, all the detail bits on the helmet and maybe some stripe on the chest piece in black too. I want a tunic type thing on it, similar to Clone Commander Thorne and Wolffe, A dark green visor and maybe a blaster and a lightsaber that he could have looted from a killed Jedi or whatever.
I had the idea to just buy a Boba Fett costume and customize and custom paint that but how easy would that be? and what do you guys think the best way to get this costume done in ten months would be?
Let me know your thoughts, all ideas will be appreciated!
Oh and I guess I need a name, how do you determine a Mandalorian name?
Thanks,
Aaron.

A good resource would be the MandalorianMercs at www.mandalorianmercs.com. I'm a Merc as well and working on my armor. There are a lot of great resources and a lot of greater fabricators on there who can help you with buying armor pieces but also resources and help in putting it together. It would be expensive and a waste to buy Boba armor and ruin it with custom paint, when you could just do a custom Mando from scratch.

in ten months, and if money and time are no object, you could possibly make your own kit from scratch, but that takes a lot of commitment. Your best bet would probably be to buy the kit (sometimes already available in white plastic)
Ive been working on my custom heavy mando for about two years now (work and money always seem to stall any progress i make) but it's a labour of love.
Mando mercs do have an awesome section where you can design your own mando, colours and everything. It may be an idea to give that a go first to give yourself a basic idea of what youre after. I like the lightsabre idea, im doing that on my own suit, but only because it was taken from a jedi my mando killed. (theres quite a thing about jedi-mando about)
Anything else, and there are plenty of forums to give you advice. Im still a novice, learning as i go, but thats my few pence worth.

As for a name, just go with what feels right. there is a mandalorian dictionary available with some really cool words. check it out. Mando'a - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Good hunting, Vod.

The mandalorianmercs have a great theard about vendors who sell what etc but you must be a member on the forum to view the theard i would suggest register on the site. Helmets and armor can be made of sintra, fiberglass and abs. Most of the helmets is made of fierglass or resin sometimes metal, the armor could be formed in a vacum table after a template and made of abs plastics, or fiberglass. The armor i have ordered is made of abs and the helmet of fiberglass and so are the jetpack
hope i could help you a Little :)

Do Metal! Its maybe not as easy to form like Sintra but its cheap, sturdy and worth the extra effort. ( also its more healthy for your musculatur and you dont have to care about toxic gases or fiberdust :D )

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back