Fett Pride Helmet.

If its the white one where it doesn't say FP in the description but says "If you know this helmet then I've already said too much" then yes it is. It's a recast of the budget kit sold to ASOK I believe.

Looking at the guys name on ebay, he is a banned member here....he had Multiple accounts which he trolled many people and now it looks like hes recast a helmet his feedback says hes sold a few of them

- - - Updated - - -

I informed FP and will be telling asok as he owns the mold...but hes saying theyre the real thing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the guys name on ebay, he is a banned member here....he had Multiple accounts which he trolled many people and now it looks like hes recast a helmet his feedback says hes sold a few of them

- - - Updated - - -

I informed FP and will be telling asok as he owns the mold...but hes saying theyre the real thing...

FP is well aware of it but his hands are sort of tied because he doesn't own the mold anymore. Asok should definitely do something about it.

I believe another member posted pics of one bought from that guy and the structural weaknesses of his poor materials were VERY apparent. You could shine a light in the helmet and see thin spots. Not a good thing if you're planning on trooping with it and it takes a fall. Not to mention warping.

Asok, I think it sucks that people are selling very poor copies of your mold. I think the best we can do is to tell new members to stay away from eBay (other than MOW), hopefully people will listen.

This recasting sucks, i seen this on ebay yesterday and was very tempted to bit on it, just shows every member should consult this place before making silly mistakes
. great to see truth will always win out.

Did you buy one personally? You speak as if you are holding one of these helmets in your hands at the time of writing this post. Basically this entire thread is just saying recast sucks blah blah blah - kind of pointless and done to death. I did buy one of his/her helmets and it was pretty decent, perhaps their technique has improved thanks to critiques like yours? I also received the helmet in 2 weeks, unlike the usually 2 years some other 'sacred cow' sellers here.

Did you buy one personally? You speak as if you are holding one of these helmets in your hands at the time of writing this post. Basically this entire thread is just saying recast sucks blah blah blah - kind of pointless and done to death. I did buy one of his/her helmets and it was pretty decent, perhaps their technique has improved thanks to critiques like yours? I also received the helmet in 2 weeks, unlike the usually 2 years some other 'sacred cow' sellers here.

Very informative Carl Johnson. Way to support a POS recaster.

Very informative Carl Johnson. Way to support a POS recaster.

I have no idea what a POS is. I don't really care if the helmet is a recast or not, as long as it is decent. But while were on the subject, isn't the original helmet a recast? Why do certain people get a pass while others are made pariahs? But I am curious about how you got such information on this recast helmet as you described it in a very detailed fashion - did you actually have one in your hands? I am looking at mine and it has no warp and it is pretty uniform in thickness, and I have no complaints other than maybe the price, which is pretty close to Asok's. I would have chosen Asok's over this one only for the metal stalk and the metal cold cast finish. I just didn't see it first. I certainly would never wait a year or two for you know who's helmet. Maybe people should point fingers at him and the other fraudsters here on this site who promise paint jobs etc and never follow through, leaving the customers empty handed and **** out of luck, and yet still look like great guys here as they are buddies with the right people.

Not supporting the recaster, but would rather buy off of him rather than the BS from the other a-holes who act as if they are doing their customers a huge favor buy selling to them. If the recaster is such a problem to them, then they should up their game a bit.

Way to introduce yourself Carl! (y)

Apparently you did NOT read the Code Of Conduct section, specifically in regards to Recasting:

TDH Documents

Sounds like you got the "Johnson" part right at least....

Welcome to TDH CarlJohnson. Hopefully you can turn this around ;)

The simplest way I can describe it is this: recasting thing is about respect, or lack thereof.

Fettpride sculpted that helmet, made a mold, and sold the mold to Asok. Asok provides good quality helmets to people at a fair price.

To recast Asok's helmet is disrespectful to him.

I don't care a bit about any of the other grey-zone complaints people raise about LFL intellectual property, derivative work, etc... No matter what sort of words you want to use, it is disrespectful to Asok to copy something he makes without his permission.

I am really upset that you gave that sarcastic thumbs up, that is so against the rules of conduct in regards to respect. And then you allude to my surname as a penis, ouch! I won't be able to sleep after that clever jab.
I did read the rules and I don't think I broke them by questioning the authenticity of JodoKast's claim that the recast helmet was poor quality as if he had personally seen one.. Nor did I break them by buying a recast helmet. It seems that every forum like this has the same MO - say only what the others say and if you say anything to contradict that sentiment, then you get dogpiled. Seen it before, not interested. I was just giving my opinion and if it gets your panties in a twist, tough ***** for you as a 39 year old man.

Stormtrooperguy, yes, you are right, it was disrespectful to Asok if it even true - has anyone really proven this definitively? And no, FP didn't sculpt the helmet, he recasted a MR helmet with a few small mods. That is specifically mentioned in the rules of conduct, which seem to not apply to some.

Who was being sarcastic? I'm sure you will ingratiate yourself to the TDH community quickly.

Again Karl, welcome.

Please feel free to use the search function which may answer your questions.

I am really upset that you gave that sarcastic thumbs up, that is so against the rules of conduct in regards to respect. And then you allude to my surname as a penis, ouch! I won't be able to sleep after that clever jab.
I did read the rules and I don't think I broke them by questioning the authenticity of JodoKast's claim that the recast helmet was poor quality as if he had personally seen one.. Nor did I break them by buying a recast helmet. It seems that every forum like this has the same MO - say only what the others say and if you say anything to contradict that sentiment, then you get dogpiled. Seen it before, not interested. I was just giving my opinion and if it gets your panties in a twist, tough ***** for you as a 39 year old man.

Stormtrooperguy, yes, you are right, it was disrespectful to Asok if it even true - has anyone really proven this definitively? And no, FP didn't sculpt the helmet, he recasted a MR helmet with a few small mods. That is specifically mentioned in the rules of conduct, which seem to not apply to some.

Another member just posted one of these helmets and had numerous structural problems with it. Regardless of what your thoughts on it are, a recaster is the worst kind of scum that these boards deal with. Did FP use the MR scan -- Sure. But he modified it to a more accurate form. Just the fact that you're so new here and yet have so much knowledge begs to question if you're maybe a banned member in disguise. Regardless, you are correct in that buying from ASOK would have been a wiser choice. Supporting these recasters only makes them appear in higher numbers -- then the guys who do the real research and work no longer are around -- it's bad for all of us and prohibits the progression of the hobby.

CJ, way to introduce yourself to TDH. With that kind of attitude you will not make very many friends here.

Oh, Hey! Dinner and a show! (Hey, 1,000th POST!)

you've been around way longer than me and you're just now hitting 1k posts? i never looked at your post count, i just figured you had mountains of posts. perhaps i do have an addiction.

It's funny. You worded that last paragraph pretty close to that of "Steve" the recaster...

4e4eveqe.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back