New memer

Fetterling

Jr Hunter
Hello everyone! Where to start ? Everyone calls me Steevo. I live in Fairview Pk, a suburb of Cle. OH. I am a 45 years old. I have been a fan since ANH 1st hit the cinema. I have always wanted a Fett costume since his first appearance. The fire has grown, now is the time. The "sticker shock" and the time spent gave me no surprise. That was anticipated n I aint ascaired! I'm balls to the wall and ready for the long haul. I'm in. I am looking forward to being part of this community, learning and be able to share anything I can contribute. May the bounty be with you.

My 1st project is done.
Boots 50.00
Fabric paint
White 5.43
Asphalt 6.79
Grey marker 3.00
Toe spikes
Alum flat bar 5.72
Wood dowel .77
Pencil shpnr 1.00
Slvr sharpie 4.49
Wood screws 1.18
Krazy glue 1.97
My total cost is 85.79. It is all scratch built. I want to make as much of this costume myself as i can. If I read correctly, they are up to specs for the 501 which I hope to be part of one day.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, thanks! Appreciate the welcome! How long have you been doing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
My next project is the honor sash. I started it while i waited for the paint on the boots to dry. 1/4 in. cotton rope, 50 ft. Sears hardware is the only place I found it. Rit Burgundy dye, Pat Catans. Time to start learning how to sew. I'll take any advive for the buckes and straps plz!

Hi Steevo and welcome to TDH and the fold where you will become even more obsessed by this costume and costuming in general lol
Just take it one step at a time and before you buy: RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH
(y)
Good luck and remember - Have fun with it ;)

Thank you. Thank you. I am looking forwards to all the rewards of learning! So much to know! I feel like a kid in the bests candy shop EVER!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back