sidewinder Blaster on its way/build started

WOW, what can I say this kits a work of art (y)

You are such a tease...

new-member-sc-boba-pics.gif-54301d1310191742

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks really good! Congratulation for this acquisition! Now on to the assembly and painting...

ive started on the blaster, its a very clean cast , hardly any clean up reguired on the main pieces, i made the trigger usable as i intend to add either the parts from the hasbro fett blaster so i get the blaster sound or go all out and fit the blastercore sound board from plecterlabs,, its mainly a straight build from the kit , the only other mod was to remove the molded screw heads from the scope mounts and fit real ones , here are a few pictures of my progress so far
5D7584AB-1.jpg

BBBC466A-1.jpg

C5D3E036.jpg

ED67D6CC.jpg

sorry about the pic quality i used my phone camera, oh yes i did remember to add the two cross head screws in the stock butt
E2BC36E4.jpg

time for a update , I am going for the way I think boba fetts blaster would of looked instead of how it looked in the films , I started with a coat of matt black ,then drybrushed the raised areas with silver (boltgun metal) , then gave it several washes with black and brown inks , and when I was happy with the look sealed it with a few coats of purity seal ,which is a semi gloss varnish, the stock was treated the same apart from using dark chestnut for the washes ,I still need to add some gloss black circles to the eye pieces on the sights, I use photograph negatives for this
E70B0872_zps129725aa.jpg

722530DB_zps3de6e97c.jpg

F672200E_zpse28b59ec.jpg

197D6E3F_zpseb9b1e71.jpg

AEC65861_zps2a0ef59c.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back