Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated.......

housedady

New Hunter
Ok, so I'm very new to this project and I'm just starting to get deep into research. I understand how the basic design works for the frame and Han and the panels etc. However, I'm not sure how (or where) to get some basic LEDs packages?? I'm not completely dead set on 100% accuracy (gasp) as I don't really have the dough to drop on those high end sets. I've seen some of the home made HIC with just your basic LEDs set on the volvo panels. Where do these small - 5 to 10 bulb sets come from? Also, I've seen one that has basically 1 switch to turn on all 8 panels. I need to figure out how to do that. And finally, once they are all wired together could it be plugged into a wall outlet that would be attached to a wall light switch? I'm thinking once this guy get mounted on the wall, he ain't movin. So I'd love to have it all run together and then to a light switch. Any thoughts on this?

You can shot darthchromer a PM. I think he offered complete light sets. He is also your man for greeblies.
You can switch off on the led´s with the hero panel knobs.
I have a build thread here in the section where you can see the Hero panel (the silver one) with the two knobs if you wish i can make a shot from behind and you can see the cabling.:)

You can shot darthchromer a PM. I think he offered complete light sets. He is also your man for greeblies.
You can switch off on the led´s with the hero panel knobs.
I have a build thread here in the section where you can see the Hero panel (the silver one) with the two knobs if you wish i can make a shot from behind and you can see the cabling.:)

THat would be much appreciated!

Here are two pictures from behind.

first is the Heropanel electronics....
dsc09014e.jpg

second is the second hero panel....
dsc09013b.jpg

Hope that helps!

Jon (fettronics) did mine . Not accurate but very nice and awesome price. He posted on the HIC builders board about building a more accurate version. He needs / wants one side panal for measurements. I have a video on utube. There's a link in my hic build thread ( my HIC ) .

Where did you buy your circuit boards? And please bear with me. When you attached the LEDs to the wires, do you just cut the outer covering and solder the LED leg to the wire?

I'm 95% ready to sell my sets. I'm trying to clean up my Volvo panel to get some good video of them working. I'll let you know when they're ready. They will offer a lot of the features of the pricy sets, but will only be $75 + shipping.

When you're ready to sell them, I'm ready to buy them. Those are really nice. My next question is do I need to get the panels from Darthchromer or are you selling the whole board like on the youtube video?

Ok, I checked out the website to see what is included. Do these components all snap together easily? I don't have alot of experience with this stuff. Is it idiot proof? So basically if I have a hero panel, this light kit will just mount right onto it? Thanks.

Saint_Nasty - I don't see where it gives the voltage, so I can't say for sure. As long as the output voltage isn't more than 6 volts, I would say yes? Running time ???

Housedady - Assembly is fairly minor; the LEDs for the top light snap into the round lenses, and the two panel lights plug into pin connectors on the driver board. The segment lights have a screw and nut that keeps them in their panels. I'll probably ship them assembled, so you know how things go. The panels are sized to fit the Volvo Hero panel. I have a resin cast (as seen in the video) that was cast from the actual panel, so the sizing should be correct. Mounting the two panels to the hero panel is up to you. Hot glue would probably work fine.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back