Ammo Belt Batninja Style Scratchbuild: Real Leather

BobaFiend

Active Hunter
Hey guys, I'm getting started on one of my first major Fett upgrades and it's the ammo belt! This one will be replacing my vinyl belt, which has served me very well so far but is due for an upgrade. I'll keep track of my progress here. This belt will be in the same style as the wood block vinyl one I currently wear and will be non-functional.

IMG_1614.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the wood blocks cut today which means I had something to mold the pouch sides around. The sides will need to dry now before receiving the same dye treatment as the belt. When they've been dyed I'll glue them to the blocks with contact cement.

IMG_1615.jpg

The belt is finished dying and just needs stitching and grommets. I used Fiebings oil dye in dark brown and light brown mixed at a 60/40 blend to achieve this color.

IMG_1616.jpg

Alright everyone, finally update time again. I had other projects interfere with this one and then had my hard drive crash, putting a halt to my TDH updates.

The outer flaps have been cut and dyed and I've dyed the inner pouch segments as well. This took many layers over a few weeks as the dyes would fade into the leather over time and lighten again. I like the shade I was finally able to achieve. The inner leather is about halfway glued on now. I'm using contact cement which is very effective but also very time consuming to complete.

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

Regards,
Austin

The belt is almost complete! Thanks to a lot of help from lonewolf my belt's stitching is looking amazing and I've got them all glued together, including the velcro closure. There is also velcro along the back to allow the hanging pouches to adhere. All that remains is the false snaps, two grommets in the back, and weathering.

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

Regards,
Austin

The belt is almost finished, guys. All the weathering here is done with a pumice scrubbing stone (sparingly) and 320 grit sandpaper. I seem to have misplaced my bag of grommets at the moment, but when I find them there are still two to install in the back of the belt. Sorry for the image size, Photobucket is transferring to a new beta and the resize/edit feature is down.

IMG_1776_zps66134515.jpg

IMG_1779_zps0e8580df.jpg

IMG_1778_zpsb76d2660.jpg

IMG_1777_zpsf467ec0b.jpg

IMG_1775_zps0e29256d.jpg

Thanks guys! The compliments are most appreciated.

Archaster: I sure hope not! I've seen the MoM belt and it's not in good shape :lol:

Webcheif: Thanks! Ficker helped me with the stitching

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back