WOO! got a "real-ish" webley stock, bracket, and Grip!

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Someone had one on e-bay and i messaged him and made a deal! im so stoked its crazy! I never thought id find this all together. When i messaged him, i only asked for the bracket and grip. Not sure if he's just gonna give me the whole thing or not, but either way, im stoked!

EDIT: Apparently this is a replica, but hey, thats ok. Still a good price for a real brass grip, metal bracket and a stock that looks pretty good to me.

KGrHqNpcFBjUE6VBBQlc6kscfw60_57.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No he didnt. I actually am not getting the wood. (that sounds wrong lol) Just the bracket and the grip. Thats what i e-mailed him for and he agreed so i just took what i could get. He said the shipping would be more with the actual wood stock.

I'll trade you for some pocket lint and a couple nickels!

make it a few nickels.... :p

I contacted him again and sent him a few extra bucks for the Stock as well...so im getting the whole thing. I am very happy eek! :)

I'm 99.9% sure that's a replica.
The bevel on the wood where it meets the inner part of the bracket isn't right. The upper bracket is a little off. If you have bigger pics you'll probably see that the pattern on the grip is off. The cross-hatch pattern is cut into the brass (instead of being cast like a real one) and the lines end up overcutting into the smooth sections.
I can't remember where they were made. Singapore maybe?
I bought mine off a replica gun sign many years ago. I sold the bracket and grip here.
I kept the wood stock and reshaped it to match my real Webley. I'm attaching the greeblies to the replica stock so I don't damage the original wood.

Don't rain on my parade! lol

I'll have to look into it further once i get it. Either way its better than the resin parts i have now.

It doesnt look like those to me that you linked too. Those look obviously off to me.

I have a bigger pic, the crosshatch doesnt go onto the smooth part at all. Its not a super sharp picture though, so i guess we'll see when i get it. It also has a "5" stamped on the back....and if its a replica, so what, its still better than the resin parts..i mean my blaster is resin so no big deal.

From what i can tell, mine looks just like this one on the gunboards...and they seem to think his is authentic. The wood is cut the same as this one. As for the crosshatching on the grip, i'll have to wait till i get mine to be 100% sure of how it looks. Mine also has the 5 on the back, but i guess that could have been added in the replica as well.

Webley shoulder stock...?

From the pic in your first post DVH it looks like the crosshatching is not cast in very nicely like the one you just posted guess we have to wait and see when you get it...either way still a nice pick up if you got it for a nice price.

Yea it was $120 with the shipping which isnt bad either way. But i really need to see it in person to make an assessment on it when it comes to the crosshatching. That last link i posted has VERY good pics, the ones he posted were good, but not THAT good. But the stock angle cut looks the same, and the bracket looks the same. But, we shall see.

That last link i posted was from the gunboards...so no, didnt get that one, the one i got was the one pictured on top, that i got from e-bay. You could hover over the pics to make them bigger than what i posted, when it was on the site, but still not clear enough to distinguish crosshatching for sure till i get it. It does look rather clean, but it could have been polished. But like was said, either way, im happy with this. Its better than the resin parts and makes my blaster that much more real looking. I like that the stock has the screw catches visable. My woodman stock obviously doesnt have that. Whether its 100% authentic vintage or not, still looks better than what i got! Plus the metal bracket will sturdy up the blaster alot.

dont know if it authentic or not, but it looks bloody good to me, and i agree it is better than a resin d-bracket, between my two blasters, one has metal and the other resin with i dont like the resin,but it is a true copy, i think you are winning any how!

Yea id like to think it was authentic, but even if its not, like ya said i think im still doin good lol.

The one on the gunboards is a replica for sure.
You can see the crosshatching in the smooth areas and the other tells.

$120 is a good price though considering the replicas are going for about $150 these days.
I've seen real stocks listed for $250 recently.

Didn't want to rain on your parade. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting and didn't get ripped off.
It's a good price and better than resin!

From what i can tell, mine looks just like this one on the gunboards...and they seem to think his is authentic. The wood is cut the same as this one. As for the crosshatching on the grip, i'll have to wait till i get mine to be 100% sure of how it looks. Mine also has the 5 on the back, but i guess that could have been added in the replica as well.

Webley shoulder stock...?

Here's a comparison photo of my real Webley grip versus the replica one made in India (photo from gunboards.com).
webleygripcompare.jpg

webleygripcompare.jpg

Wow that is an obvious difference. I wonder how they could say on the gunboards, of all places, that the one he had was authentic. Interesting.

Well either way, better than resin!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back