PP1 EARS FOR THIRDETHREE

dynamic1

Active Hunter
AND Awaaay we go! Alright guys, here begins the "ears" version for ThirdEthree(who is doing stellar wk himself). Tonight I will have the visor mounted and begin the stensilling. Updates to come : )

Ears1.JPG Ears2.JPG

Alright guys...I have tried my hand at a new style of visor mount. I have always attempted to get the exterior of these helmets as acurate as possible while at the same time trying to achieve an interior as modern and seamless as possible. I've had a decal designed which fits the perimeter of the T like a glove. This gives a smooth/ flush finish similar to the MR lids. I am also able to get these done in multiple colors depending on the particular helmet.

Decal1.JPG

Interesting. So are you saying the whole T-visor is a vinyl decal? It's hard to get
a read on exactly how it works from that picture. Maybe it's because it's white on white.

Do you have any pics of it before it was placed into the helmet?

Interesting. So are you saying the whole T-visor is a vinyl decal? It's hard to get
a read on exactly how it works from that picture. Maybe it's because it's white on white.

Do you have any pics of it before it was placed into the helmet?

Hey Superjedi- Yes, as ThirdEthree said its a decal I had designed that seams right around the visor and lid giving a seamless finish. In order to do this you need totrim the lense really nicely.. use just a few dabs of epoxy or hot glue so the visor sits flush, then lay the decal framing the lens.

Thats a really neat idea bud - The interiors I tend to go for are the screen accurate ones which to be honest, are a bit of a mess to look at - but if i were trooping and using these for costuming, i'd be hitting you up for some immediately, as they really provide some sharp and clean looking lines.. great idea, and awesome work my good man! :)

Thats a really neat idea bud - The interiors I tend to go for are the screen accurate ones which to be honest, are a bit of a mess to look at - but if i were trooping and using these for costuming, i'd be hitting you up for some immediately, as they really provide some sharp and clean looking lines.. great idea, and awesome work my good man! :)

Thanks Jayvee!

- - - Updated - - -

how are you going to maintain the shape of the helmet without the lens to help with the structure of the helmet.

Hey Fett- Im not sure I understand your question as the visor is mounted in the helmet...the decal is just a frame which seams the edge of the visor and the helmet together as one smooth piece. Hope that makes it more clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I dont understand what your doing here...is there a frame around the decal? is it actually a decal or just tint or something? Normally the lens acts to hold shape to the helmet, you know what i mean there...I guess im asking what is going to keep the visor from pinching.

I see now. It's not that the decal is being used to attach the visor, just to give a more
smooth finished look for the interior. Very clever! :)

The impression I got, was that the visor is as nomal, and still may need some hot glue etc to keep it intact , but after the visor is fitted, this just surrounds it all, giving the border around the visor a nice neat and clean finish.. :)

Yes....the visor is mounted in (as normal). After the visor is mounted in with any method you desire, the decal is carefully placed around the perimeter and as jayvee and superjedi have said..gives a clean smooth finish to the inside : ).

Hey all- I apologize for the slow past few days...Holiday and 4 year anniv set me back a tad : /....Just masked the gray on the mandibles and trim. Will be moving forward tomorrow. Pics to follow.

Alright guys- Sorry for the delay..just been super busy : ). Quick update, I was able to get the mandibles near completion. Layed the PRR and will stencil for the Caboose this evening.

Ears PRR2.JPG Ears PRR1.JPG

ALright, here we are again...completed the mandibles, trim and upper cheeks. Should have the lowers done by wed followed by the dome. Thanks Eric for your patience man..I should have this thing done by the second or third week of Jan!

Mandibles1.JPG Upper cheek1.JPG Upper cheek2.JPG

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back