Want to start a Boba build...where to start?

Wes7

Hunter
Hi TDH,

My name is Wes. I'm new to this costuming world. I recently began an E3 Clone build by starting and finishing the bucket but have decided to switch gears to a boba build. I have yet to decide between ROTJ or ESB.. I like ROTJ jetpack more but the blue flight suit is great in the ESB version.

Anyway I had a few questions:

How much do these builds usually run? I have a dremel, sand paper, bondo, paint. So I'm mainly looking at the cost of the armor, bucket, and accessories. I see people selling theirs for $1,000.. that's how much a kit costs for a clone so I'm liking the cost more... but I may be mistaken

Who sells what? I know manofwar makes gauntlets, boots and other stuff but he isn't always selling the jetpacks. Who should I get the bucket kit from?

How hard is the paint job? The weathering for boba looks incredibly challenging..

Thank you for your help!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully after Halloween it will be like Black Friday, I need me some ESB parts bad.

Hi and welcome (y)
What these guys said ^^
Just do lots of research and look around, ask questions, etc. Check out WIP's on here...you're gonna need a little more than bondo, paint and a dremel ;)
Check out the thread mentioned, but be aware of the dates of the posts in there...it's an old thread so just like anything in life, costs have gone up significantly in the last 4-5 years and some of the vendors may have changed/left, some have come and gone and some new ones may now be around. Most of all, go with what works best for YOU and your budget (as well as your body style/type). Later upgrades is always an option and more discoveries/accuracies are being made even today.

You might spend anywhere from 2k-4k and up or anywhere in between depending on how crazy accurate you want to get with it. And there's TONS of talented folks on here that will be able to help you with just about any aspect of your build. And just like with any other costume, if you've thought of it or have a question about it, chances are that someone before you already has as well and there is likely a thread somewhere about it answering questions about it.
Good luck and have fun! :)

Welcome Wes7,

Use this site and feel free to ask questions. A lot of knowledgeable people, and I couldn't have done my build without them. Here's a few vendors I used:
Armor: RKD(redkraytdragon)....Reliable, honest, and GREAT armor
Helmet: ASOK...Its a good cold cast helmet
Jetpack and boots: MOW (Manofwar)

Good luck with your build

Thanks Rich and Hobbit, you guys are too kind :cheers

Also don't forget FP and BM of course. MOW for gaunts if you want those in 'glass or gelcoat(?)
Soft parts LS4U or C4BF mainly (also BM)
Woodman for cloth side pouches and braids I believe.
BBF (is he even still around?) for ammo leather pouches/belt and also maybe 99taco.
Plus there's some talented painters around here. Deadland, SpideyFett, Fett4Real, and DVH to name a few.

Thank you for all the info!

From what I've seen, BM is very expensive. Especially since its shipping overseas (to Florida).

I think I've decided on ESB fett. I was going to get the helmet but asok doesn't have them available right now due to personal reasons. I completely understand. I'm just so anxious! Haha

So it looks like Ill be waiting for the helmet so I might possibly start on the soft parts.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back