Want real deal Boba Fett costume...any recommendations? Looking for complete costume

junylaboy

New Hunter
Hi,

Hello from Ramstein Air Base Germany.

I'm interested in buying a Boba Fett costume. I was planning to buy the supreme edition one but was told not to waist my dollars with that piece of ****. With that being said can you recommend a legit vendor that sells the complete costume (to include boots and blaster)? I found this website: Evolution Props but want to check with all of you first.

Any advice you guys can provide will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Juny

Dont do it, you'll get something you wont be proud spending your money on. You are unfortunately asking for something only 1 "vendor" really does well. Bobamaker, who is in the UK and is VERY expensive. There are other members who can make a suit for you (still VERY pricey possibly better in terms of parts wise) and then theres the build it yourself or buy it from the cargo hold route. Look around and see what members have done are doing etc.

And welcome from Osan AB ROK (7 days left)

Last edited by a moderator:
Deffinatly boba maker but he is pretty pricey, What I did is research all vendors then narrow down to what you like and make a spreadsheet. Helped me figure stuff out and get a clue money wise what I was looking at you may even get lucky in the cargo hold from time to time. Also off topic but how do you guys find time for this stuff in the Air Force? I'm in the Navy I leave for Great Lakes August first and feel like after that I won't have time for this as I will be all over as well.

Cool. I was in Osan 2004-2006. Not bad place but the exercises were killing me. When you say don't do it...do you mean:

a) Dont buy the Supreme costume.

b) Don't buy the one they sell at Evolution Props

c) all the above

Danakin,

Thanks for the tips. I'm pretty busy here in the Air Force; but I always find some time to get involved with things I do like. We are planning a Star Wars themed birthday party for my son next month and I wanted to purchase a costume to entertain the kids. I was going to buy the Supreme costume but several fans from FISD talked me out of it. Not concern on getting the costume in time because the German Garrison will swing by the party in their costumes and will not even charge me a service fee. They did ask me to make a donation to charity on their behalf. My wife; (who is not a fan) was moved by this gesture and she is encouraging me to get a vetted suit so that I can apply for membership...so I wanted to get started before she changes her mind. :)

C) Dont buy either of them...check out threads on both of them, neither is gonna be something you would want to keep, nor spend $$ on. No offense to Bobamaker, Evo or other non American Vendors but Id rather keep my $$ in the US. Evos stuff is VERY far from being the quality of Red Kryt Dragon (RKD) Fettpride and others that make stuff in the US...theres a few things that just have to be gotten from European members, like Mojo, Darkside and a few others...but mostly if I can I buy from Americans. You have the luxury of having an APO so shipping stuff to you wont be as costly as it would be to other people in Europe which is a good thing. Read up like I said its ALOT of information to take in. I could go on and on about the different parts and such but really it comes down to your budget and talents.

I have mostly Man of War stuff and love it. Didn't know if he was mentioned. RKD makes great armor and a quality guy. I don't mind waiting for Bobamaker on his stuff, you always are informed and its great stuff.

Just do some research on here. Some people I would stay away from. Empty promises. More than a years wait after taking your money. I would avoid the hassle.

Welcome and enjoy your build.

I started my build a year ago and finished last month. I was thankful to meet a gentleman in the 501st and he told me about TDH.
Listen to what the members are telling you. I couldn't have completed my Fett without thier help.
Here are a few endors I used and will continue for future projects
RKD: Armor....Very honest and reliable guy, GREAT armor.
ASOK: Helmet...Great vendor to work with.
Man of War(MOW):Jetpack and boots....Great vendor very happy with product(s).

I have been in contact with the firm Boba Maker just recently and his quote for a brand new complete outfit is £4475 this is defiantly out of my price range and his next time slot to commission it is July 2016. There is another reputable supplier in the UK called RS PROPS and do excellent work. Their price for an unfinished kit is £3500. Again way out of my price range, so I have joined up here to ask advice as how to advance in this project. I am looking for second hand but very very scarce.
cheers

Danakin,

Thanks for the tips. I'm pretty busy here in the Air Force; but I always find some time to get involved with things I do like. We are planning a Star Wars themed birthday party for my son next month and I wanted to purchase a costume to entertain the kids. I was going to buy the Supreme costume but several fans from FISD talked me out of it. Not concern on getting the costume in time because the German Garrison will swing by the party in their costumes and will not even charge me a service fee. They did ask me to make a donation to charity on their behalf. My wife; (who is not a fan) was moved by this gesture and she is encouraging me to get a vetted suit so that I can apply for membership...so I wanted to get started before she changes her mind. :)

It won't happen in a month unless someone sells a complete bob fett outfit in the next week

I have been in contact with the firm Boba Maker just recently and his quote for a brand new complete outfit is £4475 this is defiantly out of my price range and his next time slot to commission it is July 2016. There is another reputable supplier in the UK called RS PROPS and do excellent work. Their price for an unfinished kit is £3500. Again way out of my price range, so I have joined up here to ask advice as how to advance in this project. I am looking for second hand but very very scarce.
cheers

Aside from Bobamaker there is noone who puts together a complete ready to wear suit. His suit is expensive and I bet part of the reason his complete outfit is expensive is because he sources several parts and has to pay import tax on them... like boots, girthbelt, cape, gun, braids and so on that aren't listed products on his site. In effect, you are paying for his painting services as well as the convenience of having him source other necessary stuff. You will save if you source your own materials and then hire someone to paint them.

This is by no means an exhaustive list but here are some artisans/vendors that come highly recommended from many on this site.

helmet: Fettpride, animefan
armor/gauntlets: Fettpride, RKD
Flight suit, soft parts, and flak jacket: arkady
girthbelt, wookiebraids, cape: Woodman
Jetpack: MOW, Molon Labs
ammobelt: pavespawn, delta13
Shoes: MOW
metal parts: Dakota
gun: Sidewinder, stormrider

Forgive my ignorance but it might be a good idea to have some kind of sticky with recommended artisans/vendors. Of course it would help with anyone new but since vendors come and go, it might also help those looking to upgrade their suits. Would have helped me a great deal when I was starting out all those years ago. Of course, if there is a rule against this then I can understand why this hasn't been done. I've read the site FAQ though and as I see it, there doesn't seem to be anything barring such a thread

Thanks for this, I think this may be a very long project if I decide to do it. I will keep you updated with my progress
cheers

Forgive my ignorance but it might be a good idea to have some kind of sticky with recommended artisans/vendors. Of course it would help with anyone new but since vendors come and go, it might also help those looking to upgrade their suits. Would have helped me a great deal when I was starting out all those years ago. Of course, if there is a rule against this then I can understand why this hasn't been done. I've read the site FAQ though and as I see it, there doesn't seem to be anything barring such a thread

This has been discussed a few times. I think the issue is that a list of this kind would imply endorsement and if I were the board owner I wouldn't wish to tread that road. Most of the makers you have mentioned have long been established as quality makers so as the information is generally forthcoming and I can't really see the need for a sticky list; most people seem to get to the right place fairly easily.

i make gloves! people seem to like them.

These gloves are great. I had a pair of BM gloves and I was very happy with them but when I got these my BM gloves were relegated to just being okay.

This has been discussed a few times. I think the issue is that a list of this kind would imply endorsement and if I were the board owner I wouldn't wish to tread that road. Most of the makers you have mentioned have long been established as quality makers so as the information is generally forthcoming and I can't really see the need for a sticky list; most people seem to get to the right place fairly easily.

These gloves are great. I had a pair of BM gloves and I was very happy with them but when I got these my BM gloves were relegated to just being okay.
i fixed one of the brackets on your quote statement, so it would properly quote.

Aside from Bobamaker there is noone who puts together a complete ready to wear suit. His suit is expensive and I bet part of the reason his complete outfit is expensive is because he sources several parts and has to pay import tax on them... like boots, girthbelt, cape, gun, braids and so on that aren't listed products on his site. In effect, you are paying for his painting services as well as the convenience of having him source other necessary stuff. You will save if you source your own materials and then hire someone to paint them.

This is by no means an exhaustive list but here are some artisans/vendors that come highly recommended from many on this site.

helmet: Fettpride, animefan
armor/gauntlets: Fettpride, RKD
Flight suit, soft parts, and flak jacket: arkady
girthbelt, wookiebraids, cape: Woodman
Jetpack: MOW, Molon Labs
ammobelt: 99centtaco, pavespawn, delta13
Shoes: MOW
metal parts: Dakota
gun: Sidewinder, stormrider

99centtaco? he ripped off a bunch of people, including me, and was then banned...i dont think he would be a recommended vendor. Make sure your up to snuff on these things before recommending a vendor to someone!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back