Holiday Special: Animated!!

So after finishing up the realistic Holiday Special, I couldnt put the paints down and decided to create a cool companion helmet. Animation styled!
This project started with a fiberglass Clone Wars Deathwatch lid from Cruzer. He and I discussed the idea for the project and he gave me his thoughts on how this could work. By taking a right ear and RF from his Jango lid, and splicing two left Deathwatch ears, I now had the perfect formula for an animated Boba Fett. By using Krylon Bonnet Blue, and adding a custom color for the upper cheeks(Humbrol Matt Blue #25 and some Floquil Reefer White) via airbrush, along with some 1/16" black automotive pin striping, This helmet came together in under a week.
Again, let me know what you guys think...

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3337.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

Yea, this is killer, and exactly the idea I was thinking about doing myself a while back. I was always into old school cartoon and animation cells, and was always toying with the idea of the real life animated style with dark line contours. Then I started doing ROTJ insted, and didn't quite realise what I was getting myself into with the massive amount of detailing in that paint up! But I really like this, and think it looks fantastic. Great job again my friend!

That's it I quit!!! Dude just amazing I love the look I would love to have something like that sitting on my Shelf.

Decadentdave-Yes and no. The color on the upper cheeks is a lightened version of the second to last layered color on manidibles the realistic version. Humbrol #25 mixed with Floquil Reefer white. The main color of the helmet is Krylon Bonnet Blue in a rattle can.

Dynamic1 and Deadland- Thanks guys!! You guys have sick skills, I had to think of something different just to keep up with you two. I want honorary membership to the Cali fett club you guys have going on. I hear you guys have BBQ cookouts. How do you get food under the bottom of your visors?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a whole color list for the realistic that I should post. The realistic was all Humbrol and Floquil using an airbrush and small details were done topically with a 10/0 liner brush. No rattle cans were used.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back