Zam Gloves-- How different are they from Jango's?

momzam9glovesm.jpg

I would be interested in an accurate pair of gloves.
I am planning to make my own, so if we don't get enough interest in a specific Zam glove run, I will do that.

If he does a light light gray drum dyed, would we be able to use alcohol based air brushed dye on top of it? The reason why I ask is because dyeing leather is sooo fickle, it's not like easy tempura paint on a piece of paper. The chemicals may not like each other. I know Oil based white leather dye will not work with alcohol dye. Or, we could air brush some light purple paint on top of the gray drum dyed unfinished glove....Or, is natural goatskin leather a light grey color? Can you enlighten us on the type of leather you want the supplier to use? Sigh, so many questions I have!

If he does a light light gray drum dyed, would we be able to use alcohol based air brushed dye on top of it?
I believe he uses an oil based dye, but I'm not certain. I'll have to add that to my list of questions to ask.

is natural goatskin leather a light grey color?
It's an extremely light tan color, more off-white

Can you enlighten us on the type of leather you want the supplier to use?
I am using Deer Skin for my Smuggler Gloves. The thing that I like about Deer Skin is that it is a higher grade of leather, and lasts longer. However, it is just as a soft and supple as goat skin. The other really nice thing about Deer Skin is that it shrinks & stretches to fit the individual to give you a more "custom" fit. That means if you and I both wear a "medium", after a few wearings mine will not fit you, and yours will not fit me. Deer Skin is generally a bit more expensive than goat skin (which is the lowest grade available for things such as this). Since the Jango & Zam gloves have some insulation on the hands and fingers, I was considering going with goat skin on this project to save some money for everybody. I'm not sure if you would benifit from the Deer Skin features on an insulated glove. However, it is up to everybody here-- if you would want the Deer Skin, that is fine with me, I don't gain anything more with it. It jjust seems that goatskin will be more reasonable.

Thanks!
Russell

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back