Quick resin warping question

Jango Fett Jr

Well-Known Hunter
I left my M_S helmet in a car in a hot day for no more than 10 minutes, I come back and the resin rangefinder is bent about 50 degrees inward.

I was just going to heat it up with a heatgun and bend it, but I just wanted to know if there are any precautions I should take...I've never tried heating resin before.

Thanks.

Hey JFJ sorry to hear your RF bent :(, you might want to try a blowdryer first, I think the heat gun might be a bit too much.

The rangefinder stalk that came with my MSH2 always bend inwards and was very bendable so I bought a steel rod 3mm, then I used my dremel and made a groove from the top to the bottom. I used fiberglass to secure the rod in place and sanded the excess fiberglass of and painted it again it worked wonders it is very strong now. But not that heavy I got the servo to lift it up and down. But I do not recomend a small servo cause the clogwheels are so fragile that they break.

I think you'll find that if you make use of the SEARCH feature you will find oodles of threads about the MSH2, including on just a few threads below this one.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back