THANK YOU TDH FOR SAVING MY LIFE

terryfett

Hunter
I wanted to send a blanket "Thank You" to this entire community for saving my life. Yes you heard me correctly. I began this "hobby" a little over 2 1/2 years ago, about 3 months after quitting drinking. They say that idle hands are the devils workshop...this obsession has ensured that my hands never had the time to pick up a bottle. A dremel, exacto knife, and spray paint has done wonders where 12 step programs failed. The 501st and trooping has replaced bars and hungover sunday mornings. I have a wonderful new wife, and a 14 month old baby girl that are all due to my sobriety which I give my Fett credit for. Thank you!
Terry Beisel aka Terryfett

On a side note, Matty, I've been following your build feed....AWESOME JOB BROTHER!!!!! (and, I have those same boots from target, I think I'm gonna make mine into a spare pair of fetts)

wow. this is pretty inspirational stuff! It's cool to see that this hobby does more than just make a sweet looking costume, but can actually change lives as well. Congrats man!

good on ya Terry, I agree idle hands are the devils workshop, I also have used this site to get away from my addiction with alcohol, I was drinking very often cause when you visit friends you have a beer, standard procedure in the NT, but I still drink but in very moderation like a carton a fortnight, I have seen the problems it brings, to everyone not just the drinker, we in the Northern Teritory have a big problem with it, we had a banned drinking register thing but it didnt work, keep it up amd keep well.

That's awesome! Stay Strong- I kicked nicotine cold turkey two years ago- for me it was replacement therapy (swapped smoking for running) -- You got this!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back