just starting my journey

Vedus

New Hunter
hello all,

Every year my wife and I are invited to a Halloween party that I never seem to find my place at (costume wise). So this year I decided to try Boba Fett, I went to the Star wars costume site and ordered my adult costume(n), inflatable jet pack(y), and helmet(y).
I received my costume in the mail and was not really happy with the costume; it’s a one piece with glued armor and Velcro belt. The inflatable jet pack was fine. But this whole endeavor had sparked an interest to take this to the next level. I want to try and put something together that I could use every year. So now I’m determined to put together my own Boba Fett costume.
So now I need guidance, I believe my first step would be to track down a flight suit.

Any suggestions would be welcome and look forward to any new correspondence.

Vedus

First off welcome! You are definitely in the right place..and your not alone with starting out on the lower end and then deciding, im gonna go all out!

Flightsuit..theres alot of great makers here..Arklady is doing a run right now!
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/bargain-flightsuit-run-43422/

Theres also crazy4bobafett and a few others.

Halloween may be a bit difficult as alot of makers only make parts in "runs" so they aren't always readily available, But poke around you may be able to find some stuff second hand as well! Good luck and have fun! Anything you need, we are here to help you get what you need!

take a bit to consider how much $$ you want to dedicate as well.. it will dictate what paths you follow. (i.e. purchasing hard and soft parts outright vs. building/diy)

building is time consuming but its rewarding... and a fun hobby :)

Good job mate! I started my build a year ago in August with the plan of getting ready for Halloween. I hit my goal, but cut a lot of corners. Here was my result for Halloween 2011:

392020_10150892326485578_440485098_n.jpg

Looks pretty good, huh? I was turned into a perfectionist during the build. My next goal was April 2012 for a local convention. So I have upgraded Armour, Jumpsuit, Knee armour, Girth Belt, added shin tools and I added a voice amplifier.

524170_3642311932345_1481399214_n.jpg

Since then I have bought and painted a new Jetpack with aluminium accessories, new gauntlets, blue side pockets & ankle ties are in the pipeline, re-fitted my visor & helmet liner, my vest is getting shortened, I have a new harness and another new voice amplifier. Totalling my build to about £2,400+. All the bits are from top part builders that are on this site. There are ways to cut corners, but you will be looking at spending more than you think on every single piece. I bought my custom made jumpsuit from Bobamaker and that was £110. So be warned, but also, ENJOY most of all!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back