Dented BKBT Jango

Fett Seven

Active Hunter
Here is a paint up of a BKBT dented Jango helmet casted by Cruzer. Posting this thread more as a "pay it foreword" than a showing of my paint work. I've gather up the "know how" here on the TDH from current and members who have moved on. Want to share this with all members especially the new guys.
I choose the dented Jango lid cause you don't see them that often these days.
(Gonna jump to the meat and potatoes of this thread) we all know of a good set of rattle can colors for the Jango helmet, which are Rust-Oleum "Royal Blue", Krylon "Ocean Blue" and Rub and Buff for the silver parts. Now I've come to find out that Krylon Ocean Blue is not available in the standard 12oz can but is available in the small 3oz cans.
In my next post I"ll show some progress pics.

51A7eSvEcoL__AA1232_.jpg

paint 004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These photos are of the two colors used on the Jango lid. Ocean Blue (lighter blue) used on the upper parts. Royal Blue (darker blue) used on the lower parts, ears and range finder.

024a.jpg

015a.jpg

020a.jpg

Sweet job so far. Is BKBT still around and offering Jango items? I looked at his profile and it said he hasn't been on since March, 2012.

Sweet job so far. Is BKBT still around and offering Jango items? I looked at his profile and it said he hasn't been on since March, 2012.

If you are looking for BKBT Jango gear (helmets, armor) Cruzer is who you want to contact. Cruzer possesses his molds now.

Before I move on to the silver part of the helmet I want to mention attaching ears to the helmet. Now at days some helmets are produced with ears already molded into the helmet. For those that are not is info is for you. In the photos you'll see different methods to attach ears and ear caps. "T" nuts, machine screws, and thread inserts all different methods to achieve the same thing.

cap.JPG

ears attach 003.jpg

ears attach 002.jpg

drums 006.jpg

drums 004.jpg

ears attach 008.jpg

Moving onto the silver part. Now if you have a cold caster helmet this part dose not apply.
I have attached a link to a You tube video on how to use Rub n Buff.

How to make armor with Sintra, Rub & Buff, and weathering - YouTube

I did not make this video, but with this video, I learned how to use Rub n Buff. I do recommend a little practice on something other than your helmet first time around. When you're ready to Rub n Buff your helmet start with the back panels(for more practice).

drums 009.jpg

Your patience and attention to detail in the assembly and paint really paid off. That's one clean looking helmet!

Fett Seven,

Believe me- if I go to the stubby arena pack in the future- I will definitely get a dented BKBT. I love the one I have now and can only assume the dented version is just as good.

Cool, that's what we're here for help each other out in building Fett.
The guy who posted before you Tubachris85, helped me out one time.

I like the dent in the lid, And I am thinking of an arena pack...but I have a great ASOK undented coldcast lid...hmmmm

What is the history of the BKBT? Total Fan sculpt? Or was it molded from a production helmet?

How does it compare in size to an ASOK?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back