Official Jet Pack Fuel Tanks

TBone

Active Hunter
For anyone scratch building a pack and using soda (beer, can't forget the beer) cans, I found a neat solution for a top and bottom to go on them.

I used 3 cans on each side of mine, and put them together so the bottom of the can would be at the top and bottom of each "tank". You can get a top from a Powerade bottle to fit right inside the bottom lip of the can. It fits perfectly - you could almost get by without having to glue it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the bottom and tops off of cylindrical bleach bottles, filled with a two part resin we use at work. Then again I have just checked the size of my pack and I reckon its about 10-20% oversize (but then I did have to build it in a week) :(:facepalm :wacko:(

Here is a picture, and you can see what I mean.

My_ESB_JP04.jpg

The cap pops right in. Amazing! Had I know this, I would have probably used them on the top too.

I used a plexiglass tube for the tanks.For the top I used a small plastic bottle with the correct taper.For the tank caps I found a oversized plastic baseball and cut 2 circles out and glued them to the tops of the tanks.

Anybody have any good finds lately on found parts to use for the end caps of the jet pack tanks? I dunno how happy I am with the stuff i have already, want to get as close as I can if possible :facepalm

any help would be greatly appreciated

-=QuinN!

u can get a cereal box and if u have alan's templates (which u already have) u can print out the blueprints for the tank caps and stick them together. thats what i'm doing right know, but i plan to cover my jp with paper mache when i finish constructing the body, so i doubt this will be any help to you. though, i think u can use sintra instead of the cereal box.

CombatBaby said:
Anybody have any good finds lately on found parts to use for the end caps of the jet pack tanks? I dunno how happy I am with the stuff i have already, want to get as close as I can if possible :facepalm

any help would be greatly appreciated

-=QuinN!
this is what i'm doing. if u have alan's templates for the jp, print out the tank caps at full size. then get a cereal box (or any thing that's thick and flexible) and glue them together once u get the pieces. but this might not be of any use to u, cus i'm gonna cover my jp with paper mache when i'm finished constructing the body. i think u can use sintra instead of a cereal box instead.

Qman

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back