Starting Custom Mando Costume

CaptBeers

New Hunter
Hey Everyone,

I have been checking out things on the forums for a while and finally decided to start making my own custom Mando costume. Attached is a picture of the color scheme I had in mind.

Capture.PNG

I realize it's not the most original of color schemes but I like it. I bought a two piece Jango Fett helmet yesterday on Amazon and am waiting for it arrive. I don't think it will be here in time for the weekend so I am going to start on the armor plates. I will be using the Jango Fett templates I got from the templates section on this site. I just have a few questions about some supplies that I might need to get this process rolling this weekend:

- Since the helmet 2 pieces do I have to hot glue the inside together and then Bondo the outside to be able to paint it properly? Is there a better method for making one piece?

- I was thinking I could use a white plastic kitchen type garbage can for the plates. Is there a certain thickness I should be aiming for? Or will thickness cans just require a little more love to get them where I want? While we're on the topic what is the best way to get form them? I've heard people on here suggest bio;ling them, heat guns, hair dryers and a very low temp oven. Any pointers here would be awesome.

- Is there a specific paint type/brand that anyone recommends? I was going to use either Rustoleum flat paints or Krylon car paint depending on the colors I could find at my local Home Depot. Is there something better?

I really appreciate any help I can get. I've seen so many awesome suits on here and I would love to make my own. Thanks for any help in advance.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back