Official Jet Pack Thrusters/Nozzles

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
those spraybottles are exactly what I used to mold. Just cut the bottoms off and trim up a little and there you go..

WHenever I get around to remastering the nozzles AGAIN, I'm going to include those line indents. For now, you need to take a dremel to these cones.

But I NOW cast them hollow!!
edit: photo correction
arenakit.jpg

Impervium@aol.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Motorfish, the bottles you posted are not the same as many people have used in the past. They might be the same size, I couldn't tell without a comparison picture. The ones most people used are cones that become straight cylinders and then go on to the bottom. Just an FYI.

I used glade air freshners. The ones where you pull the top up a little to let the smell come out. The air freshner is a solid gel like stuff. The styrofaom balls i used on the side are to big but the cone looks about right.

I'm using wooden balls and two cones made from thick plastic mini-cheerleader megaphones that look to be about the right size and shape. The small end is open, though, and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on connecting them to the balls?

Thanks!

Thanks.:) Sounds too easy, though.:lol: I was going to try drilling into the ball a bit, too, to insert part of the cone. I want this thing to be relatively stable.:)

Run some wood screws into the ball inside the cone before you JB Weld, That will give the JBW something to "grab".

what did you guys use for the balls?i have my nozzles but im having trouble finding something for the balls.i was going to use a x-mas decoration ball BUT i only had the glass ones laying around the house.they were the perfect size too,if only they were plastic.

At Michael's, I found some hard paper-covered foam spheres, in the perfect size, strong, and very lightweight.

Boba Freekk wrote:what did you guys use for the balls?i have my nozzles but im having trouble finding something for the balls.i was going to use a x-mas decoration ball BUT i only had the glass ones laying around the house.they were the perfect size too,if only they were plastic.
I'm using wooden balls I found at Hobby Lobby. They're still pretty light, but should hold up better than thin plastic or paper mache.

wooden balls sound like a GREAT idea.ill be able to screw my nozzles right in along with some expoxy.only one thing...when you paint them wouldnt the woodgrain texture show?i really want to use the wooden balls but that is the only thing that is holding me back.i dont want it to look like painted wood.thanks.

As long as you use a good primer, the wood grain won't show throw. Do two or three good coats of primer, sanding well between each coat, of course.

thanks propreplicator!!!the wooden balls sound like the most durable idea yet.with the plastic there just doesnt seem like there much of a glueing surface.im going this afternoon and look for some wooden ones.

i swear, sometimes finding just the right parts can be soooo time consuming, but its a great feeling when you do.

These questiones seem better left for a Dr. to answer :lol: "Now turn your head and COUGH!" :lol:

O.K. maybe I'm color blind but I'm having a Hell of a time figuring out exactly what color they are! I'm looking at the pictures from MoM and they look like they are an olive drab sort of greyish color...any clues? What paints did people use? I'm trying to paint mine and I'm at a loss.

PLEASE HELP!!!!! If you have the exact paint brand and color you used that would be a HUGE help to me!

Thanks!

Bob-A-Fett
BH-1171

i wish i knew.they in ESB it looks like they match the jet pack but in ROTJ it looks like a silver metallic.

Could anyone that's painted their own please help me out? PLEASE? I really would like to work on these tonight and can't until I get the color right. HELP!

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back