Official Jet Pack Thrusters/Nozzles

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
well im doing ESB and they seem to be the same shade of green as the jet pack.hope i didnt confuse you anymore, or me for that matter:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhhhh, the ESB jet pack's thrusters. From the few color reference pics of that particular jet pack, I'd agree with you that they are probably the same shade of green as the rest of the pack. Judge for yourself.
Boba_Fett_009.jpg

I bought the Glade Air Freshners (actually the cheaper brand "Rezunit"), but they're great, they are even stronger than a spray or soda bottle, even though you have to sand them as well (fine grit sandpaper) to erase the designs in the outside, and by the way...they were .85¢ each, which is not bad at all. I still have the resin nozzles to sell or trade, if anyone's interested and wants them.

Possible Thruster Nozzle for Scratchbuilds

Hey, gang. I was wandering around the local Target today looking for inspiration, when I saw an advertised "New at Target" display on an end-cap in the cleaning section.

It's a hoighty-toighty looking dishsoap that comes in different scents like mint or mandarin. It's called Method, I believe, or something starting with an "M".

Anyway, it starts as a ball on top, then becomes a truncated cone at the base. It is possible to get a four and a half inch long by three an a half inch wide cone from the thing(yes, I carry a tape measure almost everywhere I go). Or any variation smaller by cutting accordingly. The price is a bit steep; 3.49 US if I remember right, but your dishes will smell real purty for a long time with all that designer dishsoap.

If anyone sees these and is better versed on the scale of the j/p, please advise here. I'm sure many of us would appreciate it. Thanks.

My jet pack nozzles are made from the upper halves of spray bottles, and I'm looking for a way to add a little detail to the INSIDE of the nozzle.

I've seen some prop-makers who added details with what looks like auto parts/gaskets/gears, to make the inside a little more 'rocket-looking'.

Any ideas? What was used?

nozzle.jpg

I used the bottom of the "air fresheners", filed and shaped the squares there, sand or cut the lettering it has in the bottom, and glue it to the inside of the nozzle. Here's mine,

PXQWLWJYQG-VYFDAEMWNWYXEYAXNWJU-MyJet%20Pack009.png

XTWYAWCNSW-NHDLTGTQIBRYOJFGEBUB-MyJet%20Pack008.png

Hope this helps you. BTW...is cheaper ( ¢.90 each), besides, will leave your JPack smelling sooooooooo good! :D

Robert

That's a pretty good idea, Robert. Can you imagine have air actually channeled through the nozzles? You'd leave that clean, fresh scent, wherever you go!

I think that the picture you have is of an MB JP and I believe that for his details he use the outter ring from a set of undercabinet lights(see attached pic) and some PVC tubing.
I have a set of MB's thrusters just like the ones in your picture, only I added a piece of screen material to the inner/smaller circle for added detail. If you used the outter ring in yours, since it won't be solid resin like mine, you could add orange LEDs behind it to give it a cool glow like it's ready to fire up.
Hopefully this was helpful.
Robert E.
I hope the pic loads properly.
XenonPuckLightWhite2.jpg

::edit:: fixed your pic error, but it still isn't showing up

DOH! obviously the pic didn't load properly.
Still a Newbie!!!!!!!

Pic is working now. Thanks for the help Jango_Wes!
You guys on TDH ROCK!
Good luck on the Thruster greeblies. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Robert E.

Actually, I used some sort of PVC fitting for the inside detail of my nozzles in my kits (first pic). It was gray in color, but I don't remember what it was. I believe the center was another pvc part.

Mark

I found a couple odds and ends from the local hardware store. Two electrical conduit line caps and a couple small PVC fittings. It looks good enough to me!

nozzle1.jpg

Sorry for the crappy picture, that's what you get from a cheap digital camera...

nozzle2.jpg

Sherlock came by to see what all the hub-bub was...this is what they look like before the glue and paintjob.

As I was loading these images, he knocked over the display, the rascal...

Well, I used the same automotive Gray Primer I used to prime everything as the color of choice, misting it a little bit with flat black for weathering, and then doing all the scratches with Testors silver. The black stripes I did them before the weathering.

You could use flat white, and misted lightly with grey (more grey than white) and then do the stripes and the weathering, but it's your choice. The actual automotive grey primer is the closest you could get, but you could lightly mist it with silver spray paint for shine of some kind...you're choice.

Robert

Bob, I used Testor's Model Masters Flat Gull Gray, in a spray can. I wanted something different than the any of the main colors of the pack, but not too gray. It might not be screen-accurate, but I like the color shade, kind of a gray-beige.

It's not very often in one's life that you get to say that to a group of people!!

I just got 'finished' my thruster balls, and couln't wait to put a pic up. These are made from styrofoam filled, plastic coated christmas tree bulbs (purchased at hobby lobby), air freshener cones, some pvc, cardboard and (of course) BONDO!

My dirty ball ;):
tball1.gif

The reference pic:
tballref.gif

Both of my dirty balls:
tballs.gif

Let's hope the rest of my scratch-pack turns out as accurate!

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back