Official Jet Pack Thrusters/Nozzles

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
O.K.
What I did was,Paint them white.Then from about 3 feet away
dusted them with silver or chrome.Then A light dusting of black to give them the charred look.I don't have pics to post
but they look pretty damn close.Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I was thinking too and Dean O confirmed that BUT...why do they look almost olive drab or gray in the pictures from the Magic of Myth exibit from the CD? I'm confused. Is it just that they are SO DIRTY they look that way?

Thanks for your help!

this is all very interesting.

personally i took the dirty white approach as described above.

can someone post some pics of this?

Are we talking ESB or ROTJ? For mr ROTJ jet pack, I went with an off white paint so my whites would look older. It was Almond by Rustoleum. That part is the most weathered part of the pack with a lot of grey, and black misting, and chrome chipping of course.

Here you can see the difference in the colors.
1Dcp_0007.jpg

on the ROTJ pack they are definately some sort of metallic color from what i can see.

on the ESB pack they are the same color as the rest of the pack.

BOBA PHAT wrote:Are we talking ESB or ROTJ? For mr ROTJ jet pack, I went with an off white paint so my whites would look older. It was Almond by Rustoleum. That part is the most weathered part of the pack with a lot of grey, and black misting, and chrome chipping of course.

Here you can see the difference in the colors.
1Dcp_0007.jpg

is that a scratchbuilt "pack"?

if so it s look great!

Great pack! Looks awesome!

As for the thrusters, I started painting them the weathered white like everyone else. Thanks for the advice!

Super Jet Pack man!

Hey...I noticed something that struck me as pretty damn funny.
In you #27 picture of the top of the rocket I noticed that it looks
like you painted a very subtle image of santa clause with sunglasses
on. Mind you, I'm coming off a long day at work with only three and
a half hours of sleep before that...so it's a good bet that I'm seeing
things.

Still pretty funny, though.

Nice jet pack man. I only hope mine looks half as good. :D

Not to be a stick in the mud but can we keep this thread on topic? Thanks... I'm still hoping for other people's thruster advice.

Humm, when it looked like it could be gray, or silver, or dirty...I mixed silver with light grey, enough so it gave it a slight metallic look, then once it had dried, I took some black and whiped the thing down to weather it a bit, concentrated it a bit more on the bottom for that oh so subtle charred look :D

I painted mine Rustoleum Aluminum (7737 I think). I took flat black spray paint and sprayed 'puffs' inside of the jets for that sooty look. It gave the bottoms (on the outside) a nice smoked look. I then took some gray primer and did a light mist from a few feet away, and finally some flat black acrylic paint (mixed with a touch of gray) and did the rag-smear thing for weathering. This is pretty much how I weathered all of my armor. I can't post any new pics tonight, but you may be able to see some pics of me sporting my jet pack on Brak's Dragon Con pic link. I haven't had the chance to look through all of them, but I know he snapped a few.

I haven't started painting my jet pack yet, but the pictures I saw looked like they might be more of a pewter-ish color (think Tampa Bay Bucs colors) than aluminum. I could be way off with the shade due to the lighting in the picture, but I'm going to try and find a less "silver" metallic color to use. And then of course weather the crap out of it.

I have the resin nozzles that I'm thinking about giving them away, once I have the plastic ones or bottles. Which ones do you have? We could trade these. Let me know.

I noticed that a lot of people paint the JP in different ways. This time I'm talking about the thrusters. I've seen some people paint it either silver or white, but in the pictures from the MoM of the real Bob Fett Jet Pack thrusters and it looks like the outside color is either a really light pale OD green or some other type of silver, like pewter or metallic gray with the usual scratches and dents showing the silver underneath, which makes our favorite Bounty Hunter famous and unique.

My point is which is the actual color of the Jet Pack thrusters??? Please, somebody let me know.

I'd say they are either gray or silver with a good dose of black weathering. Here's the real deal.

Jetpack_Nozzle.jpg

Jetpack_Nozzle.jpg

I painted mine with an off white spray, and I heavily misted them with a gray primer and black.

Dcp_0005.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back