Official Jet Pack Beacon

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
Yes but I have a project going now that will be keep me busy for at least the next 8-10 weeks so it will be after that before I can get to anything else.

Dean O wrote:

Yes but I have a project going now that will be keep me busy for at least the next 8-10 weeks so it will be after that before I can get to anything else.

Does anyone ever know if this happened?

Cheers!
TJ

Say...

Does anyone have a good close-up of the ESB beacon? Or any insight as to what that was made from? Its a different shape from the ROTJ, and kinda looks like a flashlight or soething... The ROTJ one was probably machined, since they had a much bigger budget by then. Any help on this would be great!

Thanks

Shinobi

Shinobi_Fett said:
Say...

Does anyone have a good close-up of the ESB beacon? Or any insight as to what that was made from? Its a different shape from the ROTJ, and kinda looks like a flashlight or soething... The ROTJ one was probably machined, since they had a much bigger budget by then. Any help on this would be great!

Thanks

Shinobi

Someone had said that the beacon was actually a part from a curling iron. I'm not sure now what type or anything, but they did use an old hairdryer for the vibro axe in ROTJ. It might have been on the RPF, but I saw some pictures where someone was trying to match the exact style up.

jeezycreezy said:
Does anyone ever know if this happened?

Cheers!
TJ
It will happen, this year. I've put this project off for far too long, sorry guys. :( My plan is to do another run of all the Fett parts that I've made in the past, only with inmprovements to them all, so they are even more accurate. Knees, stablizers, beacons, etc. Here are a few snapshots of the last prototype a made a long time ago. It was close but not quite right. I've since had a friend of mine correct some of my dimensions using his 3D drawing ability to get the slots to look just like I want them. I plan to make the MOM top version. The production run beacons will be aluminum base hollow with the hollow threaded rod and nut like my previous versions and the top will be made from brass.
beacon1.jpg

beacon2.jpg

beacon3.jpg

MOMtop.jpg

Hello all,
I watched all of the boba fett scenes from ESB frame by frame last night, and have come to the conclusion that the light beacon does not flash. There is the scene were Boba Fett is waiting for Darth Vader to come out of the room that they are testing the machine on Han Solo's face. Boba is leaning up against the wall and you can see the light from the beacon reflecting off the wall. The light is on constant. This is where Boba Fett turns and walks with Vader down the hallway. It looks like the beacon then dims and gets brighter, but if you will notice off of Vaders armor that the background lights cast a bright light. It seems that the background lights the way that they're angled would play a trick on the eye thinking that the beacon blinks. Takemetoyourfett

Hey all!

Has anyone been able to ID if the beacon was made from any salvaged parts, or was it crafted just for that purpose? Also, it was originally thought that the ESB beacon was a different shape than the ROTJ, mainly from screen appearance, but the HD caps clearly show it to be the same. the black top and middle are exclusive to the ROTJ version? The ESB seems from the screens to be only aluminum. Thoughts?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back