Official Jet Pack Harness

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
thats what are wranglers are for and so far till I started Jango I did a pretty good job and keeping jerks off of you NCG guys.

Bear

Last edited by a moderator:
True enough :)

I've yet to be seriously molested (at least unwillingly ;)
while trooping with the NCG.

Phil

I haven't had a problem but the other Fett in the NEG did. He was at a movie theater opening weekend when some teenaged punks came up behind him and pushed down on his jet pack almost dragging him to the ground! Come to find out, they also stuck gum onto his helmet. Jerks!

My take on the metal hook things.......
Personaly, I have been costuming with my Fett suit for over three years now and I hate the metal hook things as I have had them on my first pack and they have failed on me, NEVER AGAIN!

I don't trust them to fold as I have had one come undone when the pack lifted up when I sat down and I never knew it until I went to stand up and 13lbs of pack went winging off to one side. Thank god my spotter was right there saw it and she caught my pack before it hit a wall.

That is why I went to the plastic click clips, they are sturdyier than you think and it takes alot more to unhook them if not impossible then those metal clips. It takes alot to unhook them and even more to hook them.
I have never had a problem again.

If you are worried about someone unhooking your pack, that is why you have spotters to watch you and protect your back on the side lines. They are there to prevent things like this.

For someone to unhook your pack with the metal hook clips all it takes is a quick up and in motion and it is off quicker then anyone can ever unhook the plastic clips.

My .02....

mcabrera1275......
Take a look at my pack harness clips on my pack in my privious post, are those the ones your talking about? They are back pack clips from a camping store and I trust them 10000% I have been using them for over almost three years and they havn't failed on me yet.
Lynn

Thanks Lynn,

I'm convinced and going to go with the backpack clips on my jet pack. I know it does take some formidable pressure to unclip those..I can't think of something else releaseing them other than someone purposely unclipping them.

I'll get mine at Joann's fabric store. Thanks again.

I ordered a jet pack harness from Richie the other day. I'll post pics of the actual harness so that everyone knows exactly how this contraption really works. I'm hard at work on assembling my jet pack together, so hopefully when its all done, I'll show detailed pics of how the whole thing attaches from harness through backplate to jet pack.

You'll like RA's harness! The pics I posted in this thread is an actuall RA harness and how it is set up, just not with all the armor and vest, and is more than likely what you'll get unless he has changed it's design since I got mine last Dec.
I love it, although I need to add some padding to the shoulder straps as I found out after wearing it for a couple hrs. they dug into my shouldes pretty good.

I think it will take more than a pinch to release the plastic clips. Just because its plastic doesn't mean they're not durable. I will tie a 10lb weight to the clips and see if I can dislodge or unclasp them in any slight way other than the real way of unbuckling them. An experiment worth taking.

Ok, this was given to me by a friend. This will give all of you a basic idea of how a harness system connects to the jet pack.

harness_simple.JPG

I surely hope this helps. If anyone else has pics or sketches of how their respective jet pack system works, PLEASE post it here. This topic is so vaguely covered, yet its so very important to the nature of the whole costume.

Hey Michael,

That looks sweet but what's that giant clip labeled "C"? Where would I find one like that?

Right now, I'm using straps that I cut off of an old army backpack. I've got them under my vest and they come out the back of it and through the back plate and have D rings on them. The straps coming out of the back of the jet pack have clips that snap on over the D Rings... the problem is.. putting it on is a pain because someone has to feed those straps through every time...

Bob-A-Fett
BH-1171
NEG Webmaster
www.501neg.com

I'm very confused as to what "C" is. How would that snap?

Looks good!
Quote:I'm very confused as to what "C" is. How would that snap?
The big clip thing on the jet pack would just slide/set-in the thing on the belt.... but where would ya find those things?

Ohh...I see. Hmm. Anybody around here in the snaps business?This is still a little confusing. Ok, on "A", do they go around like suspenders? It seems to me they are on the wrong side of the belt to go through the back plate to the jet pack. shouldn't they beside the front buckle? Does anyone actually have a harness like this that you could take pics of?

EDIT: I see, the "A" straps go under the armpit around to "B"?

Does this harness work for you?

I am with blastech thinking that the a strap should go over your shoulders to support the backpack. I have been putting off my harness but maybe the I can get one together in the next week or two.

Looks good. Or how about a harness tutorial???

Now that would rock!!

Jodo

Blastech wrote:Ohh...I see. Hmm. Anybody around here in the snaps business?This is still a little confusing. Ok, on "A", do they go around like suspenders? It seems to me they are on the wrong side of the belt to go through the back plate to the jet pack. shouldn't they beside the front buckle? Does anyone actually have a harness like this that you could take pics of?

EDIT: I see, the "A" straps go under the armpit around to "B"?

Look at the diagram to upper-right.... the one on the left is confusing, the "A" part would go OVER your shoulders and through the slots in the back armor piece then connect to the JP.

EDIT: I think that diagram is off. Or i'm not understanding whats going on.

No, I sent this to my cousin, who doesn't even know Fett, and he explained it to me. It's like a backback, that doesn't connect to the pack, but the belt. you put on the belt first, attaching it to C on the jet pack. Then, you bring the A straps up under your arms and over your shoulder, back threw the cut out slots in the backplate. This is really a good design... It seems like the one they used since we can see the belt so much, but no straps. I'm gonna try to reconnsruct this one.

Ahh, Blastech explained it accurately. Thats exactly how it works. Sorry for the confusion. But my friend was in a hurry and just sketched out a quicky diagram. I wish he still had his harness system, but he sold his Fett costume on eBay.

If anyone has their own way of using their own harness, please post here. We need as much info as we can use.

When constructing parts A & B, what are you guys going to use? Are you going to use snaps like backpack snaps? Or hooks or some sort?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back