Official Show Off Your JetPack (scratchbuilt too!)

Hi,

here is my Jet Pack.......

Bild038.gif

Shew Finally, just finished painting my jet pack, my friends did the paint an I think it looks great, I made the rocket myself from scratch, still need to add straps an it'll b done finally
HPIM0295.gif

first i thought i used the wrong orange color, but after the weathering, it turned out to be not-so-bad lookin.

as for the weathering, i used the silver metalic paint-pen for car

for the black part, i used the permanent-marker

Is that Airbrushed or Spraycan. becasue with your talent i'm shocked you didn't want to paint you own armor, but i thank you for letting me. i just ordered the paints by the way.

-Steve

Here are mine. They have a long way to go still, but they'll do for C4. After that I'll do some re-painting and re-working of some pieces. (y)

IMG_3630.gif

(y)

The ROTJ rocket pack:jet pack on mandalorfett's pics is mine we have painted it up more then the pic shows, because the pic's old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve,

I used spraycan, that's why i can't paint some corner with the black weathering.
before this, i was thinking of getting a fully-painted-jet pack, but it's too expensive, so i gave my 1st try on painting it myself.

if only i can find yellow paint-pen [for the yellow weathering], i might paint my own armor, but after seeing ur armor, okay i wanna try ur service. u never see how horrible my knee armor is [partly due to lack of yellow-paint pen] :lol:

I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Jesse V. from Murrieta California. I've been a SW fan since I was 12 yrs old in 1977. I've been a Dented Helmet member since April. I am a total newbie to Boba Fett costume making/building.
I want to thank WOF for "The Plans" with out then the build would not have happened. Thank you all who have built before me and have shared your info by posting it here on TDH. When it comes to scratch building there are no rules to material or technique, as you can see in my photos. Some items are prefabricated, the beacon by PSBeretta, the missile by my good neighbor Allen C. with his wood lathe in his garage.
Enough babel, here are some progress pics and the end result.
1369613324_f17554e03f.jpg

1368712791_d8d4c9a8fa.jpg

1368713011_737f751c76.jpg

1368713073_606a24210d_o.jpg

1368713975_830b63ee56.jpg

1369615596_16584db3de.jpg

1369616464_13cc8edad3.jpg

1369617252_acb7eaeffe_b.jpg

This is the post thats causing the pop ups. can someone fix it? :) I removed the images so it wouldnt happen even more:)

The images dont work so someone at least remove them:) ILl pm him.

Here's mine in its current state:

I used a piece of 4" PVC for the main tube screwed to a piece of sintra. 3 soda cans make up each tank on the sides. The outer shell was made from 2 "For Sale" signs and some thinner styrene I bought at the hobby shop. I used styrene house-siding foam to build up areas and covered it with styrene sheets. This foam was also ribbed inside to make the flare in the back. Lot's of bondo and sanding have gotten me this far...

Rocket Detail

The grapples are aluminum, but everything else is plastic or PVC. I used PVC reducers to join the rocket to the pack. The end of the rocket is a 3"to 1" reducer and the top of the pack is a 3" to 2" reducer. That way the rocket is a tension fit and so it is removable. Tip is the old "resin pull of a drinking fountain paper cup".

My beacon is a mag light and hair spray cap. It slips down in a hole in the pack, and all I have to do is turn it to make the light come on. The tops of the soda cans were some stick-on, push-on lights I got at Dollar tree cut to fit. Piano keys are hand cut (ouch my thumb!) pieces of sintra.

Powerade caps for the bottom of the soda cans.

Comments and questions welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back