Looking for Oboe players and Percussionists.

SKIDD

Jr Hunter
Hi all, I play in a community band that is in need of good Oboists and good percussionists. The reasion I say good is because I'd prefer good players to begining ones, not that beginers arn't aloud, but better ones would be appriciated. This is all here to say, Are there any Obo players and Percussionists (drums, xylaphone, ext, ext, ext) in a LaGrange, Kentucky area that would be interested in playing there instrument of choice in a community band? (other instruments are welcome as well I'm just not looking for them spacificaly) Band practice is on Tuesday nights at 7:30-9:30 (every Tuesday unless spesifide) Concerts are held in varyous playses at varyous times. Some examples (some you may have seen if you live in LaGrange) would be: Oldham County Day, the Oldham County Fair, Memorial Day, and 4th of July (only once I remember) other concerts we have are often at other places. So to sum up if you are an Oboist or Percussionist (others are welcome as well) and enjoy playing Swing, Ragtime, Marches, some Jass, some Classical, some Westerny, some music from movies (ocasionaly), you haven't played in a group for awhile, you havn't played at all for a while and wan't to start again, or you generaly just enjoy playing your chosen instrument come and join the Oldham County Community Band. If you live near or in LaGrange, Ky and are interested in coming to play with OCCB please post here stating that you want to join or at least try it out and the name of the instrument you play (your name if you want) and I will make a list of those coming. PM me for directions to the place we practice. Thank you for your time.
:cheers

Its not to late to join or even just come and try us out. If you know anyone that would like to come or might like like to come tell me so and I'll get directions to them or to you. All are welcome whatever you play, come and join us we'd love to have you. :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Also if you have a child that plays a band instrument ( brass, woodwind, or percusion) and you live in the area please don't hesitate to bring them should they want to come or should you want them to play in a band if they don't already. :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Pardon the misspelling of Oboe. :facepalm However there are still openings for Oboes and percusionist. Are there none interested? :confused Oh well, I guess thats life in the galaxy. :cry Post any intrests here and you will be responded to PM for directions. Anyone may come even if you are not on these bourds. Tell your freinds, we in the band don't bite (to hard ;) ) :cheers

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back