Small cracks in a DP 97

Venesectrix

New Hunter
I've already cut out the visor and reshaped it. I think when I was shaping it at some point the T-visor ends developed some small cracks in the helmet. Thankfully they are pretty small and can't be seen from the outside. What I want to know is does anyone know of something I could use to strengthen or fill in these cracks with so they don't get any bigger?

5878.jpg

Thanks

There is a gap filling adhesive called "No More Nails". You should be able to find it at Home Depot. It's a white adhesive in a green tube (I think) and it dries over night, is sandable, dries nice and hard with a little flex and has minimal shrinkage. I'd give that a go. I use it to fill gaps when I make Fett blasters.

Thanks again :)

So your pretty sure this stuff will stick to the junky 97 plastic? I've heard it’s a pain to get adhesives to adhere to it.

I tried bondo on the inside of my first DP95. It went in great, hardened and then popped out like a casting. Vinyl's too "oily" if you know what I mean.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back